Why become a member? ×

What is your favorite bass?

XxBassMastaXx

I love all my basses, but the JO has to be on top. Just sounds right every time (even straight into the PA when required)! Don't know why I keep GASing for anything else - I have most/all angles covered! Would like a nice P-bass though...

My old Marlin ( stop sniggering ) sidewinder .. P/J

Paint hacked off exposing ply body , defretted , refretted , smashed , dropped , burnt , left outdoors in the rain

Best tone i ever had ! !

or this :-

[attachment=32110:2_Bassen..._800x600.jpg]

which gives me sleepless nights ..

Gary
v8

[quote name='alexclaber' post='588763' date='Sep 3 2009, 03:53 PM']Looks like a Carl Thompson but is it?

Alex[/quote]

Another of the amazing creations of Mr wittenberg from his site @ [url="http://www.bas-extravaganza.nl/?setlang=EN"]http://www.bas-extravaganza.nl/?setlang=EN[/url]

His stuff has been mentioned on BC but it just astounds me !

Obviously very CT influenced and im sure it would break your back wearing it or playing it but hey no pain and all that ...

dam things even got LEDs brrrr

Gary
v8

[quote name='XxBassMastaXx' post='587625' date='Sep 2 2009, 04:20 PM']Mine is the Music man stingray. Mainly cos flea uses it and it looks the best![/quote]

the most favourite was my stingray 5 now sold
if i could..and i can financially ..but not justify a stingray 4...thats what i would have

i am looking at a mim jazz as i do like the jazz sound

Only a very modest bass, but I've got a real soft spot for my Yamaha BB414. No frills, solid and reliable with a neck that's comfortable (for me) to play.

Obviously it will fall to pieces during the first dance at Saturday's wedding now I've said that.

I like all of mine for different reasons.

The Shuker is brilliantly made, sounds fanstastic and has an amazing action. The best all rounder.

The Precision just seems to fit like a glove. Limited range of tones, but classic look.

The Thumb is best for pure tone, but is bloody heavy, so doesn't get to many gigs!

The Stingray is the main gigging bass, mainly because of the versatility and overall feel.

And the Rick looks coolest!

"Marvin". The Carvin BB75 I have that has had a Marleaux Neck installed.
Every time I think I have found another Bass I prefer, I pick Marvin up and it just plays and sounds superb. A hard act to follow as a £2K Bacchus found out.

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='588897' date='Sep 3 2009, 05:48 PM']"Marvin". The Carvin BB75 I have that has had a Marleaux Neck installed.
Every time I think I have found another Bass I prefer, I pick Marvin up and it just plays and sounds superb. A hard act to follow as a £2K Bacchus found out.

[/quote]

Yeah, Marvin ROCKS - amazing bass in every respect.

[quote name='XxBassMastaXx' post='587625' date='Sep 2 2009, 04:20 PM']Mine is the Music man stingray. Mainly cos flea uses it and it looks the best![/quote]

I just sold a similer Modulus Flea bass in sunburst like your pic. twas a lovely bass.

Im with you with 'rays though. I love the sound/feel. If I was to buy another off the rack bass id'd be another one of those. Kinda regret selling it in the first place.

Sunday - Warwick Streamer Ltd Ed
Monday - Bolin NS4
Tuesday - Warwick Streamer Stage I
Wednesday - Zon Sonus
Thursday - Warwick Streamer Stage II
Friday - Sadowsky Metro PJ
Saturday - Warwick Infinette

:) ... Oh! Just remembered I sold my SSII this week so I need something new for Thursday. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I couldn't pick a favourite but if my house were burning down and I could only save 1 bass it would be the Infinette... or maybe the Bolin... NO the Sado... but maybe I could tuck the Zon under my arm... :lol: