Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

Just had rehearsal this morning with full kit.   The first gig of new 5 piece prog jazz rock lineup is in two weeks.  Corvette fretless > Sansamp  RB1> Crown XLS 1502 > Barefaced Dubster.  TI flats and just straight in, no effects whatsoever.  Result - stonkingly good tone (even though I say it myself).

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2023 at 17:27, tauzero said:

Well, that has all the fretted bases covered, now you just need a matching set of fretlesses. Lovely wood on all of those.

Thanx mate! One NT 55 fretless would be enough for me;]

Here are some sound samples of the NT 4

• Thanks 1

Here's my 3 Corvettes. 

The bubinga 4 string is a German passive model that I've had since new ( sometime in the 90s) gigged a lot but still looking and sounding great.  Doesn't get to come out to play these days as I need 5s.

The black one is a 32" Rockbass, it's a powerful and fat bass, not as growly as the others but very punchy. I use this at gigs where space is tight.

Last one is a German Standard active / passive that I got from Bass Bros. Nut was knackered so stuck a brass one on. It's obviously had a life before coming to me. Now my number one gigging bass. It's neck has been fondled lovingly by several old musos in one of our regular venues, provokes lots of "Now, that's a bass." Type comments! 🤣

20220809_101106.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/07/2023 at 17:51, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Nice job. They look like Original Warwick fretwire.

Where did you get it done? 

Thanx mate! They're actually Sintoms Special Bronze 3.0 - have'em also on my TNT5, great frets btw. I Had the job (excellent btw!) done by my friend in Warsaw, PL.

I’ve just posted this in General but thought it would be appreciated here too. 
You dont often see a Dolphin being used in the wild so having discovered this today I thought I’d share it with you. 

I’ve been listening to Thumpermonkey on and off for a couple of years. 
But It was only today I watched some of their videos on YouTube and discovered their bass player Sam Warren uses a Warwick Dolphin Broadneck 5 string. 😎

Edited by Dazed
  • Like 2

Here's my three - all 2000s era German-built, with a 2002 ltd ed on the right.

The Thumb I got last year, it's got the most beautiful grain I've ever seen on a thumb. Just stunning. And after a couple of setups recently, the blonde is growling nicely.

They are just the loveliest things, Warwicks, aren't they? The thumb I used on a recording recently and the producer was blown away by the tone, absolutely loved it.

Other side of the room has a couple of Warwick NEO cabs and a Pro Tube IX 900W amp stacked there as well. 

IMG_9867.thumb.JPG.bc3747948a57b771a514cd7968afc49d.JPG

Edited by basexperience
  • Like 8

• 4 weeks later...