Why become a member? ×

Can get back to work now, didnt get the gig!

51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' post='515351' date='Jun 16 2009, 03:05 PM']Yeah thats how I'm looking at it.

Cant imagine a much better gig for my situation to be honest.

Still no word, so starting to think they probably chose someone else....[/quote]

Keep the chin up dude!

[quote name='51m0n' post='515351' date='Jun 16 2009, 03:05 PM']Still no word, so starting to think they probably chose someone else....[/quote]

As someone who's regularly involved with new people recruitment stuff I always go by the 'no news is good news' rule for at least the first day or so :)

Have you contacted them to say how much you enjoyed it etc.?

i always do that post interviews to make sure I keep some dialogue going.

Tends to be by email in a work environment though as it's easier to sound really enthusiastic without coming across as desperate, lol.

[quote name='molan' post='515399' date='Jun 16 2009, 03:47 PM']Have you contacted them to say how much you enjoyed it etc.?

i always do that post interviews to make sure I keep some dialogue going.

Tends to be by email in a work environment though as it's easier to sound really enthusiastic without coming across as desperate, lol.[/quote]

+1

I find that if they don't want you they tell you pretty quick*, last thing they want is you phoning them at a difficult time!

Good luck

Chris

* of course, this has never happened to me :rolleyes:**

** which is, of course, a lie :)

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='515426' date='Jun 16 2009, 04:11 PM']... they might go with the one that seems the most keen![/quote]

Agreed, and it also shows confidence and open communication, which are two things I look for in a fellow band member

The optimist in me says he is waiting so he ca double check with the band one more time.

The pessimist in me says he wants to get into a relaxed place (i.e. home) so he can let you down easier. (I have had this happen to me, hence the suggestion).

I hope for your sake it's the former.

Good luck.