Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Single cut bass guitars are the Devil's spawn

thepurpleblob

There seems to be an increasing popularity in this business of failing the cut the upper bout properly. You people who play these monstrosities; what where you thinking? Burn it and buy a Squier Precision. You know I talk sense.

This clearly eats babies...

Much as I like Shuker, this should have been quietly killed at birth...

Edited by thepurpleblob

heh heh!! I chuckled out aloud! Tell ya what though, if the singlecut is contoured nicely, after a 2 hour gig, you do notice how much more comfy it is not to have an upper horn digging in to ya chest.
<<<<<<<<<

Makes me wonder why I went for a double cut for my 3rd Shuker! lol

[quote name='dood' post='507554' date='Jun 7 2009, 03:39 PM']heh heh!! I chuckled out aloud! Tell ya what though, if the singlecut is contoured nicely, after a 2 hour gig, you do notice how much more comfy it is not to have an upper horn digging in to ya chest.
<<<<<<<<<[/quote]

I don't have that problem. The bass sits nicely on my fat gut !!

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='507559' date='Jun 7 2009, 03:42 PM']I don't have that problem. The bass sits nicely on my fat gut !![/quote]

he he he!!! - I see a problem with my bass comfort! Seems I need a trip to the 'Comfort Cafe' :))

Like sgt-pluck said once about [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=30720"]a Jim Fleeting single-cut 9-string[/url]:
[quote name='sgt-pluck' post='318390' date='Oct 30 2008, 03:30 PM']whenever I see a singlecut I just think 'John Merrick' for some reason.[/quote]
:) Couldn't agree more.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='507551' date='Jun 7 2009, 03:33 PM']You people who play these monstrosities; what where you thinking? Burn it and buy a Squier Precision.[/quote]

sorry, not swapping mine for a Squier - or anything else for that matter!

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='507762' date='Jun 7 2009, 09:12 PM']I think a thunderbird can accurately be described as a singlecut. Although the comfort, sound and balance may not be to everyones taste, I do believe anyone who says a thunderbird is ugly clearly has no taste.[/quote]

A Thundebird isn't ugly...... it's just *silly* :) The postmodern bass!

Edited by thepurpleblob

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='507762' date='Jun 7 2009, 09:12 PM']I think a thunderbird can accurately be described as a singlecut. Although the comfort, sound and balance may not be to everyones taste, I do believe anyone who says a thunderbird is ugly clearly has no taste.[/quote]

True but Thunderbirds don't look like the monstrosities the op showed in his initial post

Jean you speak the truth! Thunderbirds are the most dissapointing basses to play as they look so sexy, sound great but are totally impractical for me.

Regarding the other singlecuts they remind me of a humpback whale. Bloomin ugly. I don`t care how good they sound, looking cool in the pub is important to me. Yes I am a shallow, talentless bumstard.

Jez