Why become a member? ×

Squier announces antigua Precision and VI

BassAgent

11 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

I always felt that Baritone Guitar was a better (and more accurate) description.

For the Bass VI? It's all about the range darling. Baritones don't go that low.

And, despite the best efforts of most Youtube demos, the VI makes for a fine bass guitar, in the right circumstances (ignore the chap miming).

• Haha 1

Quite possibly the worst looking finish any manufacturer has ever come up with. Absolutely the most hideous colour combo burst, and then replicating it on the pickguard is another level of foul. Like watching someone be sick, and then eat it again. 

It's not for me, if you were wondering. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In seriousness I always thought the Antigua finish had a green hue to it, not this weird khaki brown. I like the original Antigua, but if I had one of these I'd get a custom pickguard made that features chunks of carrot, urinal cakes and cigarette butts.

Finish seems to have a faded look compared to the greyer NOS Mexican ones they did a few years back.

Hate Marmite. Love Antigua. Give us a Jazz with a dark fretboard and pale blocks/binding and I'll be, as they say, all over it.

This is only my opinion, of course; but then, it is the right one.

How do you think these newer CV'S will be for quality, any thoughts? I'm almost sure I want the pub stained toilet P-bass :)

Read mixed reviews online for the 70's CV's. Anyone got one?

I do own a CV 50's  P which is ok and stable, but I did pick that up for under €300 new.

11 minutes ago, Highfox said:

How do you think these newer CV'S will be for quality, any thoughts? I'm almost sure I want the pub stained toilet P-bass :)

Read mixed reviews online for the 70's CV's. Anyone got one?

I do own a CV 50's  P which is ok and stable, but I did pick that up for under €300 new.

People get so obsessed with quality control.  I don't worry about it, personally - some will be great, some will be not so great and you won't know until you have it in your hands.  Roll the dice!

• Like 3

The worst part about these are the inappropriate block inlays on the Precision! Unforgivable haha! They did it on the Mocha P too, come on Squier!

FWIW, I love Antigua 😁

Si

Edited by Sibob