Why become a member? ×

Songs that you hate with a passion

On 30/03/2024 at 00:24, tauzero said:

Lip Up Fatty by Bad Manners. Dance floor rammed with people doing imitations of Spotty Dog from the Woodentops.

Oi. You're talking about my ska band's core audience there :lol:

Admittedly it's not my favourite from the set, but it is surrounded by absolute bangers so I'll let it off. 

The one song we all loathe and will never play is My Boy Lollipop, which seems to be getting a right kicking in this thread :lol:

There are many songs I dislike but few that I actually hate. Freebird is one, Layla, Cher's 'Believe', but for me the #1 unflushable turd is The Mavericks' 'Dance The Night Away'. Fingernails down a blackboard.

On 09/04/2024 at 08:51, TheGreek said:

Blue Monday  - New Order

Never before, or since, have a band built their reputation as "musical geniuses" on a single piece of music before churning out a careers worth of bland, forgettable dross.

Also anybody claiming that Hooky was a great bassist needs an intervention...

Peter Hook - Great Bassist for sure

He had his own style which was certainly influential so the lack of “technical chops” or formal musical education becomes moot 

New Order already had a reputation (career) before “Blue Monday” 

I think I was 11 years old when I purchased the 12” single of “Blue Monday” and I already owned Joy Division records ( as did Dad) 

I can’t think of a more influential band in the New Zealand indie music scene than Joy Division 

• Like 2

I particularly can't abide that faux Irish twaddle that Ed Sheeran plopped out.. Galway Girl?

"Oh I had a little fiddle with an Irish man,

in the back of his Transit van.

He said "I'll do it to you everyway I can".

then hit me round the head with a frying pan."

• Haha 5

The one in our setlist I dislike at the moment is Bad Moon Rising. Not that it's a particularly bad song, but there are so many great CCR songs and everybody plays this and Proud f'ing Mary.

On 13/04/2024 at 20:36, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Jefferson airplaine -white rabbit 

When I used to listen to planet Rock , it always happened to be on . For some reason, whichever presenter played it they never told us who iit was I was hearing . Honestly , it is dated crap . Depressing is an understatement . Morrissey has the enthusiasm of a children's entertainer compared to this drivel . One depressing monotonous tone. She does shout randomly in places , but I can honestly say it was the worst song ever played on planet Rock. I don't miss hearing it ..

It's just downright horrible hippy shyt3, mainly due to the monotonous female vocal. This is what you get when people avoid the draft. Some people talk about (Jefferson) Starship as if it was several steps below its predecessor. I'd rather have We Built This City.

• Like 1

On 13/04/2024 at 22:36, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Jefferson airplaine -white rabbit 

When I used to listen to planet Rock , it always happened to be on . For some reason, whichever presenter played it they never told us who iit was I was hearing . Honestly , it is dated crap . Depressing is an understatement . Morrissey has the enthusiasm of a children's entertainer compared to this drivel . One depressing monotonous tone. She does shout randomly in places , but I can honestly say it was the worst song ever played on planet Rock. I don't miss hearing it ..

The version i just listened was not a song but karaoke for keyboard, guitar and bass. Maybe good for ''psychodelic fusion/acid jazz''.

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

It's just downright horrible hippy shyt3, mainly due to the monotonous female vocal. This is what you get when people avoid the draft. Some people talk about (Jefferson) Starship as if it was several steps below its predecessor. I'd rather have We Built This City.

Thank you 🙂👍

It sounds like something Reeves and Mortimer could have ' covered ' in shooting stars . Poor imitation of a screaming banshee ..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

That's quite a claim. I've heard Kid Rock, Lenny Kravitz and Train on planet rock

I haven't heard of train ( out of touch probably 🙂). I've heard stuff from kid rock and Lenny kravitz, but at least they have some bounce compared to that . The woman making noises really does encourage people to swallow razor blades . 

I think it's more genres of music that I can't stand. For instance, the pseudo operatic wailing of Bruce Dickinson just instantly boils my pi55. I don't mind a bit of heavy music but don't go all 'Pavarotti' on me, please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Japhet said:

I think it's more genres of music that I can't stand. For instance, the pseudo operatic wailing of Bruce Dickinson just instantly boils my pi55. I don't mind a bit of heavy music but don't go all 'Pavarotti' on me, please.

Heathen!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

I haven't heard of train ( out of touch probably 🙂). I've heard stuff from kid rock and Lenny kravitz, but at least they have some bounce compared to that . The woman making noises really does encourage people to swallow razor blades . 

Lenny Kravitz has a terrible song with no bass and Kid Rock has a song with the guitar solo in the wrong key.

Train are just terrible but once decided to re-record a Led Zeppelin album in full note for note. That did not need to be done.

• Thanks 1

I'm sure it would have been mentioned already but I'm not trawling through previous posts..

That appalling barsteward Chris De Burgggghhhhhaaah and Lady In Red. I will instantly boot my radio out of the window should that dare to be played over the airwaves.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Japhet said:

there's a slew of cod-operatic warblers in the metal world including RJ Dio, Rob Halford, Nightwish and the like.  When I was a teen I quite liked the first two Iron Maiden albums but that was it when BD came along

Regarding metal briefly ; back in the '80s ( maiden mentioned already) it was all priest ,Queensryche , helloweeen , king diamond etc 

Then Venom ( and others) reversed the trend , and now so many sound like an angry Alsatian . 

Back on topic ; Son of a preacher man ...awful..awful..awful 

I nearly forgot you keep me hanging on . I purchased a cover version from the Rods . Not even tongue in cheek 

They seemed to be actually serious about that version 🤮

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

17 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

That's quite a claim. I've heard Kid Rock, Lenny Kravitz and Train on planet rock

White Rabbit is def among the worst tunes that get regular spins on PR. Just whizzed through the playlist of the last week and I surprised myself with the realisation relatively few songs actually bug me enough to turn off the radio including Werewolves of London (just extremely repetitive), Crazy Nights/Strutter/ Love Gun by Kiss, Ol Rag Blues by Quo, Small Town by John Mellencamp, Blue Collar Man by Styx, Love is a battlefield by Pat Benatar and Radioactive by The Firm.  Come to think of it White Rabbit might be worse than any of these.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

White Rabbit is def among the worst tunes that get regular spins on PR. Just whizzed through the playlist of the last week and I surprised myself with the realisation relatively few songs actually bug me enough to turn off the radio including Werewolves of London (just extremely repetitive), Crazy Nights/Strutter/ Love Gun by Kiss, Ol Rag Blues by Quo, Small Town by John Mellencamp, Blue Collar Man by Styx, Love is a battlefield by Pat Benatar and Radioactive by The Firm.  Come to think of it White Rabbit might be worse than any of these.

It is ! It starts off like something you'd hear on a 1970's figure skating competition with its tedious slow buildup. Then the morbid depression kicks in ...

1 hour ago, Buddster said:

Oh i hate that song as well

😁

I thought for the better of mankind I'd remove it, but I am now forced to release it. 😁

The "song" got stuck in my brain for more than a month, every silent moment it appeared, and I had to actively think of other crap songs to replace it. 

I hope my vaccination from being exposed to it keeps it out, and I hope this Russian weapon of madness inducing pain doesn't leave a wake of mad people here.

It's on YouTube and it's called "Trololo". 

If you find it fascinating and amusing you are standing too close to the hellfire.

Edited by HornetPinata
spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HornetPinata said:

It's on YouTube and it's called "Trololo". 

If you find it fascinating and amusing you are standing too close to the hellfire.

Pi$$ed myself laughing 🤣

It is truly awful, but doesn't induce hate, and I would definitely rather be stuck on a desert island with that rather than "Imagine" 

• Haha 1

On 28/03/2024 at 12:40, Agent 00Soul said:

"We Built This City," or as my AV teacher called it when it hit number 1 in the US, "DJs and radio stations are great!  We love them!"

It's one of the mysteries of the universe how Jefferson Airplane, one of the best and most challenging bands of the 1960s devolved through the 70s to emerge as Starship, one of the worst and least challenging bands of the 80s.

I too can not stand this tune,Jefferson Airplane were garbage as well. 

• Like 1