Why become a member? ×

Songs that you hate with a passion

On 27/03/2024 at 20:39, TheGreek said:

Relating to my thread about "Stairway to Heaven on bass" - I sent the link to a guitarist friend who replied "aren't you sick to death of that song?". 

Well TBH, yes....but there are other songs which I could quite happily never listen to again.

Firstly, "Hey Joe" - the Hendrix version, the full length version of Layla, including the 4 hour piano solo - by Eric Clapton and (for now) "A Bat out of hell" - actually anything on that whole album - by Meatloaf. 

IMO the world would be a much better place if none of these were ever played again.

Your turn...

Sorry only just seen this thread. I agree will all but Hey Joe but then I have never had to play it in a band.

On 18/04/2024 at 20:46, KingBollock said:

Indeed, I too love Son of a Preacher Man. I also love White Rabbit, which is getting a right kicking in this thread.

Maybe cos they can't play like Jack Cassady.

On 27/03/2024 at 22:48, lozkerr said:

The Zutons original or the Amy Winehouse cover? I'm with you all the way on the Winehouse cover but the original's bassline is great fun!

The song only really makes sense if its sung by a man, especially if you know the back story.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2024 at 11:51, lemmywinks said:

Also Does Your Mother Know, one of the weaker and less well known Abba songs but guitarists always seem to pick it. Hated playing it years ago and our new guitarist is trying to get it into the set, why would you pick that over all the great Abba songs that fill a dancefloor?

If you play a lot of rocky type covers that one fits best IMHO

On 26/04/2024 at 22:34, Lozz196 said:

I have to agree, whilst I don’t dislike Teenage Kicks there are much better songs from The Undertones, You’ve Got My Number, Wednesday Week, Julie Ocean to name a few which are all quite different showing just how good a band they were.

I've got the debut and follow up albums and Teenage Kicks is the only track I skip. Many of their best tunes are album cuts like the cracking Hard Luck 

Come On Eileen - 42 years later and I still have no idea what the little curly haired fella is on about.

Anything by:

Scouting For Girls - how they managed to get a record deal with that utter drivel is beyond me.

Lewis Capaldi - music to swing by your neck to.

George Ezra - it appears that nursery rhymes set to beginner chord structures are popular with the kids these days.

Radio gets turned (punched) off whenever any of these start playing.

• Like 1