Why become a member? ×

Songs that you hate with a passion

On 03/04/2024 at 17:54, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

David Bowie & iggy pop- The passenger . When I was doing my very first gig on my ltd talents, we had to play this as the singer was all things Bowie . ( Actually , he was a more unenthusiastic version ) . I never heard it , until I had to learn it on a cassette tape.

One boring monotonous drone really . " who's the other guy singing ? Sounds like he has a cold?"  " That's iggy pop " I was informed .

I'd forgotten how much I dislike this...

• Haha 2

On 03/04/2024 at 19:54, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

David Bowie & iggy pop- The passenger . When I was doing my very first gig on my ltd talents, we had to play this as the singer was all things Bowie . ( Actually , he was a more unenthusiastic version ) . I never heard it , until I had to learn it on a cassette tape.

One boring monotonous drone really . " who's the other guy singing ? Sounds like he has a cold?"  " That's iggy pop " I was informed .

The "la, la" part would do a great job for my mobile alarm song. Tommorow i have to wake up at 7am and i will try it out !!! 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Have got Absolute Radio on and a couple of tunes ago they played the irksome Rehab by Amy Winehouse. Never got all the fuss about her

tbh the fact you had Absolute on (presumably by choice) is the worrying part here 🤣

• Haha 5

On 03/04/2024 at 10:12, Crusoe said:

Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams Bryan, you were 9 years old in the summer of '69. There's no way you played until your fingers bled.

It’s er… not about 1969 the year …

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_'69#:~:text="Summer of '69" is written in the key of,to the sexual position 69.

Edited by Geek99

Blue Monday  - New Order

Never before, or since, have a band built their reputation as "musical geniuses" on a single piece of music before churning out a careers worth of bland, forgettable dross.

Also anybody claiming that Hooky was a great bassist needs an intervention...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Blue Monday  - New Order

Never before, or since, have a band built their reputation as "musical geniuses" on a single piece of music before churning out a careers worth of bland, forgettable dross.

You don't have to like it but it remains an era defining piece. Although I sort of prefer 586 in some ways.

Of course there is also the body of work of Joy Division to consider in context.

And fwiw - yes he is. (Not the Revenge stuff obvs. Or Freebass. 🤣)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Blue Monday  - New Order

Not sure anyone ever called them geniuses but their output sure is patchy ranging from some sublime tunes, mainly within the few years after Ian Curtis' death, to as you say forgettable dross thereafter. Peter Hook came out with some catchy and recognisable bass lines which is what his rep is based on. I'd say he's an effective bassist rather than a great one, though maybe being effective is a more important quality than being a great technical player in a Vic Wooten stylee.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Blue Monday  - New Order

This song could be good for drunken teenagers who would want to dance a lot, at someones birthday party.

• Like 1

A good friend of mine always (and I mean: always) hums "Summertime" to soothe themselves. It only stops when one engages them in a conversation, which keeps me babbling, which in turn makes me feel very uncomfortable.

8 hours ago, rmorris said:

Is it the Cricket reference that bothers you 🤔

As a child ( understandably so) , " I don't like cricket ..I love it ! "I didn't know what the singer was going on about .  I understand it now ,but I think you are correct .

Repetitive rubbish . Not in the same standard as good morning judge imho 🙂

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Jefferson airplaine -white rabbit 

When I used to listen to planet Rock , it always happened to be on . For some reason, whichever presenter played it they never told us who iit was I was hearing . Honestly , it is dated crap . Depressing is an understatement . Morrissey has the enthusiasm of a children's entertainer compared to this drivel . One depressing monotonous tone. She does shout randomly in places , but I can honestly say it was the worst song ever played on planet Rock. I don't miss hearing it ..

• Like 1