Why become a member? ×

New AI generated BC jingle...whaddya think?

Kiwi

15 minutes ago, gjones said:

It sounds like Big Country, all it needs is that bagpipe guitar sound they used to have.

The one they used really sparingly ? And only where it really added an extra something ?

10 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Not claiming to be God's Gift to song-writing or anything, and I'm setting the bar pretty low, but if that's where AI is at in 2024 it'll be fascinating to see what another five years brings.

It's going to totally disrupt both the creative industries, advertising and mass marketing in the short term.  It'll probably be nothing less than the next industrial revolution in the longer term.

11 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Mind I am not saying your OP is shit, I actually do appreciate it, and actually find it both interesting and relevant considering the recent general progress of AI and current popular discussion in the media about its capabilities and short comings. 

Well, that's alright then!

11 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

But if I did volunteer I definitely could write, compose and produce a much much better alternative.

I don't believe you! 😄 

9 hours ago, tegs07 said:

Edit: I can’t find it now but there was an AI created short film “starring” Will Smith and The Rock .

One year later it was recreated and the leap forward was astonishing. I’m not sure whether to be impressed or disturbed by the massive leap forward in such a short timeframe.

Yeah, my colleague and I were discussing that a couple of weeks ago.  It's astounding, especially the amount of detail in the wide panoramic shots.

7 hours ago, diskwave said:

Now go listen to Radio 1 jingles from the 70's. Sorry but its predicatable and extremely boring.

Also K pop now.  And early eighties Stock Aitken and Waterman was far more formulaic but they were riding a wave of undiscerning enthusiasm at the time.

I doubt the majority of the undiscerning public will care so long as it makes them feel good. That is certainly the case where I live.  Chinese pop ballads are pretty much one of three sets of V II IV I chord progressions, the same 8 bar pattern of tension and resolution in the melody, the same key signature shift up a tone immediately ahead of a near orgasmic screaming eighties style guitar solo and then the song ends on a near whispered repeat of the last two lines of the verse etc. it's already highly manufactured and this is before any AI use. 

• Like 1

Tell it to do upbeat electro pop and it is already excellent. Jazz and Metal, not so much. If it improves at the same rate midjourney did at images, however, it will make new bands entirely redundant within a couple of years. The influence of this will be utterly massive. The way I can see it being used is in giving people music as they want it

Hey Alexa, play me Morbid Tales-era Celtic Frost with Master of Puppets Hetfield singing

Play me Back in Black with Bon Scott singing

Play me sad xmas piano ballads with Morrissey singing

Play me lots of catchy pop like "Can't Get You Out of My Head" all sung by Grace Jones

That kind of thing. It is end times for bands because, let's be honest, the discerning music lover is very much a niche item. Most of the public don't give a sheet where their music comes from, or that it was composed or played by humans.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

Tell it to do upbeat electro pop and it is already excellent. Jazz and Metal, not so much. If it improves at the same rate midjourney did at images, however, it will make new bands entirely redundant within a couple of years. The influence of this will be utterly massive. The way I can see it being used is in giving people music as they want it

Hey Alexa, play me Morbid Tales-era Celtic Frost with Master of Puppets Hetfield singing

Play me Back in Black with Bon Scott singing

Play me sad xmas piano ballads with Morrissey singing

Play me lots of catchy pop like "Can't Get You Out of My Head" all sung by Grace Jones

That kind of thing. It is end times for bands because, let's be honest, the discerning music lover is very much a niche item. Most of the public don't give a sheet where their music comes from, or that it was composed or played by humans.

It’s fairly tricky to predict the future but I suspect that there is some truth in this. I think the big impact will be on people like session musicians or guys that rely on royalties or commissions from media companies etc. Rather than paying for a bass player to stitch together the new pop sensations songs or songwriter to make the new TV series or console/computer games sound track,  just use AI.

I guess that there is some argument that Rap and sampling has already cut out the middle man and as you have outlined maybe AI will take this one step further.

My own experience with AI so far is it’s a useful short cut but the old programming phrase of garbage in, garbage out does apply. If the person using it doesn’t have knowledge and ability then they will produce unreliable data and garbage output. 

Ultimately will this garbage output overtake the reliable and useful stored output and become self defeating? I guess time will tell.

Edited by tegs07

4 hours ago, Doctor J said:

Yeah, and then consider the impact its going to have on any industries that rely on technical expertise, mass consumption of creative output or organisational processes.  Careers will be either about managing AI in various industries, managing the people managing AI or sectors that are relationship based eg. primary school teaching, sales, the legal profession.  I think so much more about how our kids make money is going to be based on relationships...it might even turn income earning into a popularity contest.  So long as you can find a big enough niche to exploit, you're golden.

• Like 1

They say...

If you are a paying subscriber to Suno, then you own the songs you generate while subscribed to Pro or Premier, subject to your compliance with Suno’s Terms of Service.

If you are using a free version of Suno, we retain ownership of the songs you generate, but you are allowed to use those songs for non-commercial purposes, subject to your compliance with Suno’s Terms of Service