Why become a member? ×

THE SHREW

I saw the pickup switch and immediately thought "spark plug tip". But who'd have known it was from a Ford Mustang, with the vastly increased performance from a Ford Focus spark plug tip, despite being absolutely identical?

You must admire his pride in the sanding burns on the truncated headstock, and leaving half an original logo on the headstock. His supply of enormous white felt washers is evidently inexhaustible and a source of great pride to him. Not sure how well a 7-string pickup with pole pieces will handle 6 strings, or how the butchered neck pickup will cope with life when it looks most likely to start self-harming.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2024 at 19:32, TheGreek said:

Put this in your diary - a possible upgrade

"I replaced the standard un-branded tuners with a set of super smooth Schecter ones."

Bit of a shame he used the original and rather rusty screws to secure them.

Edited by Dan Dare
  • Like 1

Just noticed something else. Has he glued those bits of perforated plastic to one of the pickups to direct the sound of the strings better? Yes, I know magnetic pickups aren't microphones and detect movements of a piece of ferrous wire in a magnetic field, rather than vibrations of air molecules. But I can't think of any other reason he may have done it.

56 minutes ago, NikNik said:

Has he bought a router??

Looks like he ran the bit too hot when doing the headstock. Oh, burnished you say? Intentionally?

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

• Like 1