Why become a member? ×

UK guitar show, March 2024

Richard R

2 hours ago, Kyndainverse said:

Well. I lasted 24 hours. 

You’re still a better man than me.

Honestly, we would’ve sold that bass 3/4 times over if we’d got the damn stingray cloner machine to work in time.

Very very envious - very happy for you Andy, and it’s got a great player as a new owner and a bloody lovely bloke to boot.

Have a great birthday.

I’ve just got home - was wonderful to meet so many Basschat alumni - we had the best time ever (even though i suffered all day due to the Tequila incident at the hotel bar last night).

It was a great show - rumours abound that a shift more towards bass next year.

I’ll be there as a punter or as Paul’s “Debbie”.

@walshy has just stopped at Leeds. Fair play - I don’t envy him.

Now to unload my car.

Thank you to everyone who came to see us.

My favourite was Mark (Mojo) - “HAVE YER GOT ANY ORANGE YAMAHA BEE BEE’s ON THIS STAND” - I howled laughing and crapped me kecks at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 01/03/2024 at 14:10, knicknack said:

I'll be onstage at 4pm on Sunday by the looks of it... a bit of Sandberg action plus a very lovely '71 P I've borrowed for the weekend! If you're about please say hi... looking forward to a few hours wandering about beforehand!

You played great mate, what a cool gig to land! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knicknack said:

Hey @walshy& @AndyTravis it was utterly lovely to meet you both… and the journey through the P-basses was a fun and enlightening experience! The ‘71 loan has been extended for the moment… 

We had a right old time doing the P-Bass Time Machine 1963-1973.

I must say that hearing everyone from Basschat made me realise that I should stop sniffing Yamaha finishes from different years and start practicing.

Some serious talent on these pages!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Some serious talent on these pages!

Shame I wasn't there -  if only to bring the average down! 

Sounds like it was a great show for all, roll on 2025.

• Like 1

And from now on in @PTB will be known as “Disco Inferno”

Paul nearly fell over laughing as I tried to remember how to play it - you were absolutely smashing those basslines!

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Richard R said:

Shame I wasn't there -  if only to bring the average down! 

Sounds like it was a great show for all, roll on 2025.

I have to start bloody preparing now in anticipation 

30 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

And from now on in @PTB will be known as “Disco Inferno”

Paul nearly fell over laughing as I tried to remember how to play it - you were absolutely smashing those basslines!

Very kind of you Andy - I've certainly been called much worse!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bass Wielder said:

Actual proof that ACG was there😎

Fighting for the bass corner among the skinny stringers bunch!!😼

IMG_2642.jpeg

They were - I first met @skelf in about 2007 at a Manchester Bass Day. I was a much skinnier young oik then.

I spent this morning saying hello/catching up.

The basses on the stand were INSANE. So beautifully made. The necks are honestly some of the best I’ve ever touched - I didn’t play them (dangerous territory I fear) - but a J type 4 in the purple to blue would ABSOLUTELY suit me - and they’re so well priced; I’ve not a clue why I’m not already in the queue. 

Also met his better half who does some stunning finishing work.

Lovely lovely people.

IMG_7635.jpeg

IMG_7701.jpeg

• Like 3

Phew what a weekend! Shattered but what a blast! Thanks to everyone who stopped by and played some pretty cool basses. That’s what it’s all about!

Great to finally put faces to usernames and man we have some killer players amongst us! 

Huge thanks to the splendid @AndyTraviswho made the weekend an absolute blast. We will do this again, although I must brush up on my disco/funk chops before the next one.

Right, I’ve basses to unload and put to bed.

Thanks again all 👏👏👏

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PTB said:

You played great mate, what a cool gig to land! 

Very kind of you to say! I was having a great time up there... looks like i've become an early 70s P addict in the space of a few days!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, knicknack said:

Very kind of you to say! I was having a great time up there... looks like i've become an early 70s P addict in the space of a few days!

Dont fight it, accept the inevitable 😂

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the day, I struggled to find the Sandbergs but when I did I played The Victor Brandt, Ida Nielsen and Bass the world ones. What amazing basses they are. The prices did seem normal and not show price. But I really did appreciate being able to play them. 

I was there working one of the stands opposite Yamaha/Ampeg, a really good event on the whole, although I've picked up Guitar Show lurgy. Bass Highlights of the weekend were without question @Manton CustomsParadigm bass with the twin Nordstrands. Don't think I've ever heard such a burpy, funky machine! An excellent thing at a really fair price. Then, the Reverend Triad Bass that was tucked away on their stand, which I fell in love with. So many tonal options, all of which were useful, surprisingly!

On a plus note, despite being opposite Ampeg, I didn't hear any of the usual s*ite, obnoxious, attention seeking noodle slap until right at the death on the Sunday! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

yup. I’ve been walking around feeling like shite with a properly sore throat all day 🫤 - grim.

Ahhh man, hope you get better soon!

The worst thing about it is, the SAME thing happened last year at the Guitar show, and to amplify that even further it was my birthday today! So, I've spent two years in a row, lying in bed with the lurgy, on my Birthday! The things we do for Bass, huh?! :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

yup. I’ve been walking around feeling like shite with a properly sore throat all day 🫤 - grim.

I've also been under weather since the show with a sore throat and generally feeling crap, haven't turned the corner yet either,  grrr people and their diseases

• Sad 1