Why become a member? ×

"Sirerays" listed on Andertons (and probably other places)

neepheid

1 minute ago, asingardenof said:

Interesting with the V3 the preamp is listed as "no mid frequency" but there is a mid control. I assume this means no sweepable mids as there is with the Z7. 

Also crikey, that's some poor alignment going on there.

image.png.27f40311e321b6d79ed944a7036a7dce.png

That's some super attention to detail in the EBMM aping then ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

50 minutes ago, asingardenof said:

Interesting with the V3 the preamp is listed as "no mid frequency" but there is a mid control.

I find that confusing too.

5 minutes ago, Raslee said:

Will they sound anything like a Ray’ though 😂

If the pickup is in the same position, it won’t be a million miles away tonally IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SurroundedByManatees said:

Looks like an obese Stingray. 

I don't think I'll be tempted to get one. 

Me too. I really wanted to like these, my number 1 bass is a stingray, but I think there is something just not quite right. The Horn is too long, body too wide, pickguard too short and narrow, and that jazz pickup?!?!  Also, no lefties listed which is odd for Sire. The 24 fret jazz however is really drawing me in.

3 hours ago, asingardenof said:

Interesting with the V3 the preamp is listed as "no mid frequency" but there is a mid control. I assume this means no sweepable mids as there is with the Z7. 

Also crikey, that's some poor alignment going on there.

image.png.27f40311e321b6d79ed944a7036a7dce.png

How else will they get that "Weak G"? 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

The specs appear to state that there's no 'mid frequency' selection, so it's a regular 3-band, bass/mid/treble, but you can't adjust the mid frequency like on the V7 for example.

Simple, no? 😅

1 minute ago, TRBboy said:

The specs appear to state that there's no 'mid frequency' selection, so it's a regular 3-band, bass/mid/treble, but you can't adjust the mid frequency like on the V7 for example.

Simple, no? 😅

I'm a simple lad, when it says 'no mid frequency' I take that to mean... :) 

• Haha 1

On 25/01/2024 at 19:53, uk_lefty said:

Me too. I really wanted to like these, my number 1 bass is a stingray, but I think there is something just not quite right. The Horn is too long, body too wide, pickguard too short and narrow, and that jazz pickup?!?!  Also, no lefties listed which is odd for Sire. The 24 fret jazz however is really drawing me in.

To be honest I feel the opposite, The 'Ray looks all wrong and the elongated top horn on the Sire will place the bass in a more playable position, and help with the balance. In my opinion the Stingray pickup is in an unusable position. However, if you consider the bass a percussion instrument, you may well disagree.

I am going as I might have outstayed my welcome here..

Edited by Chienmortbb
  • Haha 5