Why become a member? ×

Scamming ****s at it again

Rich

My band's Farcebook page is being inundated with things like this... 

The scammers get a temporary guest account from FB (Guest 4756 in this case); the temp account lasts for 24 hours, then disappears. If you click on the link, they gain access to control your FB account. Not much you can do about it as the guest account, now with access to your account, has gone.

It's happening to loads of bands that we know, apparently it has been relentless this whole weekend. There are some absolute wucking fankers out there.

image.thumb.png.efc67679b258a89ea9a4341d5d4c63ba.png

• Sad 1

I regularly receive emails/texts from "Thames Water" about my DD not going through - they're not even my water supplier. Earlier this week got one for my TV license - yes, I was born at night but it wasn't last night!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woodyratm said:

Pal of mine posted this yesterday. Might help. 

IMG_3754.png

Thanks, just done that. My business Messenger has been inundated with them. I guess normal customers can still contact me as they will be loged into Messenger.

... and also on BC. 
Earlier today, we had spam in new members' Status Updates (surprisingly their ONLY activity on BC 😄)  -  -  one of them using the name of a defunkt real company.

IOW spam in a BC Status Update may well link to a scam site.

Edited by BassTractor

5 hours ago, woodyratm said:

Pal of mine posted this yesterday. Might help. 

IMG_3754.png

Thanks. We haven't had any, but I'm not the only band member with admin rights (and even I have been caught out recently, fortunately without bad consequences) so it seems like a good precaution.