Why become a member? ×

Rings on your fretting hand

@northcountrybob I had the same predicament and found a ring at Flinn & Steel and they are made in Sheffield bonus! 
bevelled on the inside to make it comfortable and come in different widths and metals …

https://www.flinnandsteel.co.uk/collections/hammered-effect?

There are of course other manufacturers probably offering similar but the inside bevel definitely helps

Edited by Adee
  • Like 1

I wear mine on my right hand, just ends up clacking off the neck otherwise for me. 

For giggles - here’s my wedding ring - made by a wonderful ring maker in Dublin. Brought in a bunch of old Elites flat wound strings for inspiration.

image.thumb.jpg.4960ddeedc053eb82824954bdfefacb2.jpg

• Like 3

When we got Civily Partnered in April last year, I was a tad concerned how I'd get on with the ring on my fretting hand (never having worn one before) and was half-expecting having to take it off, but it's not been an issue.

(Technical specs: 7.25" radius '51 Precision Reissue / 9.5" radius Squier Precision / 6mm wide x 2mm deep titanium ring from H Samuel). 🙃

• Like 1

Married for 30 years but I never wear my wedding ring. Don't even know where it is! Both metal and plastic irritate my skin so I never wear rings/watches. Fortunately I'm not attractive enough to get women hitting on me thinking I'm unmarried.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Angel said:

Married for 30 years but I never wear my wedding ring. Don't even know where it is! Both metal and plastic irritate my skin so I never wear rings/watches. Fortunately I'm not attractive enough to get women hitting on me thinking I'm unmarried.

Says you.  It's the bass, I'm telling you! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am on my second marriage, so have had 2 rings over the years.  I always assumed they would be an issue due to my massive sausage fingers and having to have oversized rings specially made, but neither was ever an issue.

I put that down to pure luck rather than anything to do with technique...... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Huge Hands said:

I am on my second marriage, so have had 2 rings over the years.  I always assumed they would be an issue due to my massive sausage fingers and having to have oversized rings specially made, but neither was ever an issue.

I put that down to pure luck rather than anything to do with technique...... 

And how are you finding being King after such a long time as Prince of Wales?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, toneknob said:

And how are you finding being King after such a long time as Prince of Wales?

I like to think that my hands, whilst huge, are in proportion, and not just swelled up like his highnessessessesses appeared to be in the recent photo I saw.. 

Whilst my first wife was certainly no Diana, my second is a much better option than Camilla (in my own humble opinion of course, before I get done for treason.....)

I also have normal sized lugs (at least I think I do).

• Like 1

Plain titanium wedding band on my fretting hand, causes me no issues whatsoever.

I wear a medic alart bracelet on my other hand, and bought a paracord one to wear when gigging so as not to scratch any basses, but otherwise don't ever notice that either.

My Prince Albert, on the other hand...

• Like 1

Wedding ring never bothered me, although I should note that I play a lot more, and a lot nicer, bass since I stopped wearing it. I suspect that’s due to the divorce and not strictly down to wearing a ring or not.

• Like 1