Why become a member? ×

NEW AMPEG LINEUP! Venture series

maidens97

https://ampeg.com/products/venture-bass-amplifiers/

Looks like ampeg has a new lineup coming out called the Venture Series!

Class D heads and lightweight cabs seemingly based on their recent SGT-DI pedal.

Available spring 2024

New heads 

1200w Venture v12 Head

700w Venture v7 Head

300w Venture v3 Head

New cabs

Edited by maidens97
  • Like 6

Those cabs are more or less the same weight as Barefaced cabs, at least the 2x10 and 2x12 anyway. I wonder how they will compare, performance and price. I’ve always admired Ampeg ever since I first encountered a 70’s SVT + 8x10 at close quarters. To me they were the ultimate in bass tone, but completely impractical to own. 

Edited by ossyrocks
  • Like 1

Quite like the look of the cabs, would have liked the 4x10 to be a 4 ohm cab so you could run a semi-lightweight 4x10 it with an old school SVT instead of the heavy 4x10hlf.

The Pro Neo series of cabs are gone too so I’m guessing this is the replacement range.

Heads look nice too. Edit: The heads don’t appear to have the cab sims/IRs that were on the SGT pedal. That would have been a nice extra.

Edited by thodrik
  • Like 1

Looks great, as long as they don't have any reliability issues. I used to be a bit of an Ampeg zealot, loved them. Then my SVT-7 died at a gig, during the first song. So, much as I think Ampeg stuff is great, I'm a little wary. I want to wait and hear some reports on how they perform. 

The 1200W head looks like it's coming in at US$1000, so probably £1000 when all is said and done. The gig bag is extra though - I wish they'd just include them. 

The 2x12" cab is $1100. 

2 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

1200w.

🤣

... ideal for one of those happy occasions that the Village Hall Committee ask your band to provide some 'jolly' background music for the Quiche Festival

Edited by sandy_r
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

Those cabs are more or less the same weight as Barefaced cabs, at least the 2x10 and 2x12 anyway. I wonder how they will compare, performance and price. I’ve always admired Ampeg ever since I first encountered a 70’s SVT + 8x10 at close quarters. To me they were the ultimate in bass tone, but completely impractical to own. 

For Ampeg, those cabs are exceptionally light.

Disappointed in the looks of the amp heads but they do seem very appealing now Yamaha are involved. I loved the the sound of my PF500 but it was quite a heavy chunky old thing by today's standards weighing in at 5kg. The new V7 is 3.1kg so that seems better.

Edited by Linus27

For me, Laney have this market sown up, if only more people tried them. 

The Digbeth 500 head looks lovely and vintage. The cabs are all 4ohm and the whole range looks vintage and lovely like old ampegs. Sound is fantastic. 

I like ampeg, but I can't get on board with those looks I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, la bam said:

The Digbeth 500 head looks lovely and vintage. The cabs are all 4ohm and the whole range looks vintage and lovely like old ampegs. Sound is fantastic. 

A while back I was interested in their 2 x 12, looked great, good price as well but 30kg? Too heavy for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, la bam said:

The Nexus heads were cool. I do feel they tried to shoehorn too many features into them though. Never been much of a fan of their cabs, alas.