Why become a member? ×

And the award for "Most Unconvincing Relic of the Week" goes to...

rushbo

This:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.5246458446500bfec81c23c3a59563bf.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way anti-relic, but this is just... wrong. It's as if someone really wanted to play a game of "Hangman" but only had a Chinese P Bass copy and a sharp stone to use. 

The bass looked quite nice once. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, rushbo said:

This:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.5246458446500bfec81c23c3a59563bf.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way anti-relic, but this is just... wrong. It's as if someone really wanted to play a game of "Hangman" but only had a Chinese P Bass copy and a sharp stone to use. 

The bass looked quite nice once. 

How you count the days going by when you're locked up with just a bass and a nail.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, acidbass said:

Relicing on poly finishes makes me feel queasy.  Reminds me of this monstrosity that was for sale in Ireland recently.  Surprisingly, it sold.

bass2.jpg

If you want a natural finish bass, it saves a lot of work. Whoever did the scratch plate needs to go to Specsavers though.

3 hours ago, acidbass said:

Relicing on poly finishes makes me feel queasy.  Reminds me of this monstrosity that was for sale in Ireland recently.  Surprisingly, it sold.

bass2.jpg

I’ve seen that on YouTube, I think, but not totally sure that it’s meant to be a copy of a modified P bass that Adam Clayton played, not my sort of thing 

On 01/09/2023 at 15:22, acidbass said:

bass2.jpg

And the pickguard is cut away so you can further bask in the quality of the finish across the body.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2023 at 15:22, acidbass said:

bass2.jpg

Attempt at a Joshua Tree era Adam Clayton P-bass?

SmartSelect_20230926_094150_Chrome.jpg

9 minutes ago, basexperience said:

That one is hysterical - looks like the cat (and dog) has been at it!

It looks like perfectly normal wear to me.

...or maybe someone passed a sander over the top bout once, got bored and then dropped the bass on a concrete floor a few times.

• 2 months later...