Why become a member? ×

** The 15th South East Bass Bash - Sunday 12 November 2023 **

Hamster

1 hour ago, bass_dinger said:

On my way, with  Mrs Bass Dinger - she rightly spotted that my kit would not fit into a Ford Fiesta, so we are bringing the bigger car

In fact, Error Code 4 on the Vauxhall tells us that the car has overheated - we are between junction 5 and 6 of the M25, awaiting rescue. 

All is well, albeit not what I expected or planned!

16997906756251466573683903522124.jpg

• Sad 4

Brilliant day! I'd never thought about it before but it makes total sense to start with the middle finger on the plucking hand when a phrase starts on the G string because your middle finger is usually the longest (unless you're from Norfolk apparently!).

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Merton said:

Great day!

Guy and Laurence both excellent, as were the Basschat team behind the day. And lovely to see old friends and mew faces.

@stevie’s LFSys cabs are superb, especially the 12” version.

Indeed…and first ticket out of the bucket having said I never win 🤩 

Only had a quick noodle on the LFSys cabs at the end of the but look and sound good, so more choices for cabs.

• Like 3

Thank you so much Colin, Gary, Trevor and whoever else was involved with the organisation, it really was an amazing day and lovely to meet such nice folks. My first time but definitely not my last (I hope!!) very very impressed by stevie’s LFSys cabs when I compared them to my BB2, especially the 10’” one.Great vibe. A privilege to attend x 😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

The TE 1200 was amazing - a definite improvement over the Elf - but I think I still prefer the vintage made in the UK models.

20231112_144450.jpg

I missed a trick actually - earlier in the day @stevie was using the Trace to show off his cabs. The pairing sounded incredible 😊

But ultimately, each to their own etc etc 😎

Edited by Merton
  • Like 1

A great time was had by all by the looks of it, many thanks to all those who made it happen!

I could listen to Guy Pratt all day, either his anecdotes or his playing (checking out Toy Matinee as I type), and Laurence Cottle was a surprise bonus, what a musician, what a player. Great to have a noodle on MacDaddy's hot rod Shuker, and great to hear how well Stevie's LFSys cabs handle double bass... bloody well as it turns out. Also great to hang out in Wal/Smith corner... must have been a hell of a load in/load out, but that collection must have doubled the value of the school! 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 3