Why become a member? ×

RIP Sinéad O'Connor

KingPrawn

That's so weird. I was thinking about her this morning and was wondering what she had been up to. I'm sure it'll come out that it was suicide. 

She was a troubled soul with a remarkable, genuine talent. RIP Sinéad. 

She had a phenomenal voice and as an individual she stood out from the crowd. I didn't always agree with her politics but at least she had a genuine conviction and commitment to her causes unlike so many phoneys in showbiz. Very sad her losing her boy at such a young age. I guess she felt she couldn't carry on anymore without him. A bad week what with Trevor Francis and George Alagiah also gone. More good people going before their time🙁

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Like 1

The Sky news coverage was absolutely terrible.

Against a backdrop of the 'Nothing Compares' video, they just kept endlessly repeating "Irish, ripped up a picture of the Pop, covered Prince, son killed himself" in an endless ghoulish uninformed loop. No mention of her large back catalogue. Talk about not even bothering to look on Wiki.

Hopefully her body of work will reach a larger audience now she has gone.
At least her troubles are over.
I feel so sorry for her three remaining children.

• Like 3

I normally struggle to side with some of his public comments but on this occasion I must show my admiration for Morrisey for his condemnation of the Music bosses and their whimsical choices in who they are backing this week. 

Not only are they "makers and breakers" of artists but also of people. 

Shocking that normally talentless individuals wield such power over the future of the creative.