Why become a member? ×

Leaked: Fender Vintera II series...hoooo boy.

BassAgent

1 minute ago, ped said:

Ok sir I’ll drop it off tomorrow 😀

Just leave it with the butler; I shall be shooting riff-raff on horseback (me, of course, not the riff-raff; they can't afford nags) and will peruse my purchase upon my return.  Don't forget to use the tradesmen's entrance, eh?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jackroadkill said:

Just leave it with the butler; I shall be shooting riff-raff on horseback (me, of course, not the riff-raff; they can't afford nags) and will peruse my purchase upon my return.  Don't forget to use the tradesmen's entrance, eh?

Sounds like a textbook day out, and I believe it’s still legal to shoot someone from a horse in some parts of the country but you’ve got to use a bow and arrow 🏹 

• Haha 1

Oh my, I want that Telecaster bass, I just cant decide Sea Foam Green or Vintage White.

Congratulations also to Fender for again not releasing an unlined fretless Precision or Jazz, good effort as usual 🙄

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 1

Tele-bass looks seriously cool, price is a bit punchy though.

Is this them trying to put a bigger price step between the Mexican ranges (player to vintera, positioning the vintera as more premium rather than just more vintage specced) or are the prices just being pushed up across the board some more do we think? 

The Telecaster bass does look cool but that pick up is really close to the neck.  How muddy is that going to sound?

39 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Fender: "Coming in 2025!  The Vintera III series!  Because you suckers will happily buy the same kit again and again if we give them a new name!"

A little unfair I think...it will be 2026.

Edited by BillyBass
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Lw. said:

Is this them trying to put a bigger price step between the Mexican ranges (player to vintera, positioning the vintera as more premium rather than just more vintage specced) or are the prices just being pushed up across the board some more do we think? 

A bit of both I’d say. Inflation being passed through into the price because a “new” range can bear an increase more readily than an existing product already on the shelf.

That aside, there is a genuine step in quality between the Player series and the ranges above (Player Plus/Vintera/Mexican Signature models) whether it’s worth the price is personal, but they are definitely more premium instruments. 

• Like 1

I was about to say that it looked as if the Mustang had been moulded in the proper vintage shape as opposed to the newer reissue shape where there's quite a bit more body behind the bridge but I realise that they've gone with the bigger body again for some reason. It's a particular quirk that nobody else cares about but it annoys me!

Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 10.17.51.png

• Like 1