Why become a member? ×

Convoluted NBD - having a right old moan

neepheid

Update - I just got an email from Thomann - they have declared the package lost.  Got offered a refund or a replacement.  Have opted for the replacement, on the basis that I'm willing to test my luck and the bass is £160 dearer at Andertons right now.

• Sad 1

I have not read the whole thread but will

make 2 comments:

Thomann supply to the UK duty paid. They are registered for VAT with HMRC and collect any VAT/Duty, paying HMRC directly. So there should be no Customs and Excise checks/charges/delays.

DHL are the worst for importing from the EU. No tracking to speak of and no customer service. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neepheid said:

Update - I just got an email from Thomann - they have declared the package lost.  Got offered a refund or a replacement.  Have opted for the replacement, on the basis that I'm willing to test my luck and the bass is £160 dearer at Andertons right now.

I bet they both turn up on the same day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chienmortbb said:

I have not read the whole thread but will

make 2 comments:

Thomann supply to the UK duty paid. They are registered for VAT with HMRC and collect any VAT/Duty, paying HMRC directly. So there should be no Customs and Excise checks/charges/delays.

DHL are the worst for importing from the EU. No tracking to speak of and no customer service. 

Surely they still need to check that the paperwork is in order and verify that they have, indeed been prepaid?

Agreed that this no tracking until it passes into the UK part of the journey does suck.

4 hours ago, neepheid said:

Surely they still need to check that the paperwork is in order and verify that they have, indeed been prepaid?

Agreed that this no tracking until it passes into the UK part of the journey does suck.

Not really you are given tracking info from Thomann  by email when the goods have been collected from their warehouse in Germany,admittedly no tracking info available when the package is on the Plane,but it is recorded when the package arrives at the UK  and after custom clearance which is when tracking is available from then on.?Did you get any tracking info after the aformentioned procedure.?

Edited by Mickyk

1 minute ago, Mickyk said:

Not really you are givn tracking info from Thomann when the goods have been collected from their warehouse in Germany,admittedly no tracking info available when the package is on the Plane,but it is recorded when the package arrives at the UK end and after custom clearance which is when tracking is available from them on.?Did you get any tracking info after the aformetioned procedure.?

No, just the fact that it was dispatched by Thomann, then nada.

• Like 1

I once had a bass I had ordered at Thomann stuck at one tracking point along the way to delivering for 14 days straight.

To be fair that was around Christmas times though, and while the Corona madness was still on full throttle. 

A miracle occurred though and I just exactly managed to get it before Christmas, and got it delivered on the 23rd of December.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

1 hour ago, neepheid said:

signal-2023-07-12-14-10-02-225.thumb.jpg.2f40a6a9abdbe8336ebab5f503380b79.jpg

Well I hope the outer packaging soaked up the worst of that! Find out later when I get home from work...

If it’s anything like my recent Thomann delivery, there will be another box inside that one, plus lots of padding. That area looks like a void.

• Like 2

Well I'm afraid checking out the D5 will have to wait until later - got a band rehearsal tonight but before then Chico the cat needs meds administered and food doctored with other meds, plus reassurance/fusses afterwards. He's an old cat now and it looks like arthritis is setting in :(

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Well I'm afraid checking out the D5 will have to wait until later - got a band rehearsal tonight but before then Chico the cat needs meds administered and food doctored with other meds, plus reassurance/fusses afterwards. He's an old cat now and it looks like arthritis is setting in :(

Maybe he'll enjoy playing with the boxes when you've opened them, the ones here certainly do. 

All the best to the old chap anyway 😁

Edited by Waddo Soqable
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Took one of my Handbox amps from Poland 3-4 wks before it arrived and it literally just disappeared of the face of the earth.

It left Poland and went missing. No record of it arriving in UK anywhere.

Later found out it had been sitting with Customs.

Other amp went straight thru and didn't even get any charges, arrived within a week or two but there was a full detailed list of events where it had been scanned. Both with same courier.

You can contact customs with the EU packing reference number and they can investigate its location even tho not showing on any courier systems.

Dave