Why become a member? ×

This'll cheer you up... It's World Goth Day!

Cat Burrito

3 hours ago, Marky L said:

One of my most very favourite things ever!!

That reminds me of the film of the boy scouts eating their packed lunches on a rollercoaster, on the show presented by the jingly-jangly tracksuit wearer, who shall not be named.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s amazing how enduring goth has become. I was in Leeds the other day and there was a goth girl, immaculately turned out in all her dark finery. She would be late teens/early twenties and my first thought was, crikey, it’s around 40 years since this look first took hold and her mother could have looked just like that. 

• Like 1

I don't have any music vids unfortunately, but did find some pics on an old laptop, here's me in the full drag playing at some gig somewhere, we did some photos in the old nunhead cemetery, which was fun, no really it was... 

IMG_20230522_191234.png

Screenshot (120).png

Screenshot (124).png

Screenshot (123).png

Screenshot (125).png

Edited by Waddo Soqable
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jackroadkill said:

I went quite a bit between '97 and 2001 - I wonder if we crossed paths?

Bound to have done I expect, prob in the girls bogs, where everyone ended up at some point ! 😁

Last time I went was prob circa 2009 ?  In fact I believe it was to play a gig there as hazy memory serves.. 

• Haha 1

Been finding myself getting drawn into a lot of old (and not-so-old) goth stuff again recently. Recently rediscovered VNV Nation, Assemblage 23 and Wolfsheim, caught up with The Eden House, and have been listening to some of the old Peter Murphy stuff too (call me a bad goth, but I found most of the Bauhaus stuff almost unlistenable - his solo stuff is much better!). 

My wife used to be a major goth in her youth, and was a member of a "vampire court", where they all wore fangs and specially designed ankhs, arranged themselves into feudal houses, and got together in dark clubs to listen to goth music. One of her old vampire friends died recently, and we went along to the memorial, which was basically a goth club, but in the daytime. :D 

BigRedX and Cat Burrito - I'll be listening to more of your stuff later!

Edited by Russ
  • Like 2