Why become a member? ×

Fender Adam Clayton ACB 50 Valve combo

matbard

It's just so boring to look at, how many more times are Fender going to use the same old box

"Got any of those same old wooden boxes we put all our guitar and bass combos in Chad?"

"There's about 10,000 out the back Brad" 

"Oh man, how we goon shift those flipers Chad?"

"We could always use 'The Fender Algorithm' Brad"

"What you mean make the same item but call it something different, or say it came from the Custom Shop (sniggers) Chad"

"Yes, but we'll use the even better and updated algorithm, make more money still if we can find a well past their best rock star to allow us to call it their Custom Shop Signature Amp Brad"

"Ah, I can see why you're Worldwide Head of Horizon Scanning and Innovation at Fender Musical Instruments Corps Chad"

• Haha 3

I’d like to play one. It’s never really gonna be enough live like most low power bass amps but it’d be fun. I’d rather play a mesa bassbuster200 into a couple of 12’s but yeah I might go to Glasgow and give it a whirl. 

On 08/03/2023 at 21:11, Hobbayne said:

Nice looking amp. He says its primarily a pick playing rock bassists amp, but it is quite flexible for different genres (Or words to that effect)

But at only 50w thats gonna struggle down the Dog And Duck with my dad rock band. 🙂

A bit pricey too!.

BTW why has Irish accent turned American?? ☺️

That's because Adam is not Irish. He was born near Oxford and his family moved to Ireland when he was 5. The Edge is also not Irish and was born in Essex to Welsh parents and moved to Ireland when he was 1. Only Bono and Larry are Irish.

Edited by Linus27
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Linus27 said:

That's because Adam is not Irish. He was born near Oxford and his family moved to Ireland when he was 5. The Edge is also not Irish and was born in Essex to Welsh parents and moved to Ireland when he was 1. Only Bono and Larry are Irish.

Ah! Well you live and learn. 😄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Linus27 said:

You mean to say England is 50% to blame?:ph34r:

• Haha 2

Andertons were advertising these for £1499 over the weekend, I'd be very interested to try one.

I currently only record bass in the studio (no live) and I DI it straight into my UAD through an Ampeg plugin, but the thought of a real tube amp combo is quite tempting...

Edited by tedmanzie

On 10/03/2023 at 19:22, Beedster said:

It's just so boring to look at, how many more times are Fender going to use the same old box

"Got any of those same old wooden boxes we put all our guitar and bass combos in Chad?"

"There's about 10,000 out the back Brad" 

"Oh man, how we goon shift those flipers Chad?"

"We could always use 'The Fender Algorithm' Brad"

"What you mean make the same item but call it something different, or say it came from the Custom Shop (sniggers) Chad"

"Yes, but we'll use the even better and updated algorithm, make more money still if we can find a well past their best rock star to allow us to call it their Custom Shop Signature Amp Brad"

"Ah, I can see why you're Worldwide Head of Horizon Scanning and Innovation at Fender Musical Instruments Corps Chad"

Any you find that are dusty or damp and mouldy can go in the roadworn pile. 

On 07/03/2023 at 23:11, Clarky said:

Sounded OK, if a bit middy (clearly by design) for my tastes. But with only a volume and no gain control, how do you drive this if you want valve saturation?

Pre amp or change the valves to something more sensitive (hot)