Why become a member? ×

Bilbo ?

dmccombe7

This isn't good at all. His website appears to be off-line too. ?

Such a shame as he had a lot of great input to BC and i miss his opinions and his music sheets too. Lucky enough i downloaded all the ones i really liked and wanted to try.

I'm hoping he's just taking time out from social media.

Dave

• Sad 1

I always assume we all kinda know each other on here but i guess we're not all as close as we think.

I know a few people on BC that are on my FB friends and know the bands i'm in and would hopefully update BC if anything happened to me.

@theplumber being one of my fav bass type persons.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I always assume we all kinda know each other on here but i guess we're not all as close as we think.

I know a few people on BC that are on my FB friends and know the bands i'm in and would hopefully update BC if anything happened to me.

@theplumber being one of my fav bass type persons.

Dave

Just leave a key under the mat......lol All the best Dave hope all is well!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, theplumber said:

Just leave a key under the mat......lol All the best Dave hope all is well!

Good as always Steve. Keeping busy with the bands with quite a few good gigs in for Glam band this year so its good to see that picking up now.

Hope you are doing well too but probably better catching up on the old FB rather than hi-jack this thread.

Dave

• Like 1

On 07/02/2023 at 19:43, dmccombe7 said:

Lucky enough i downloaded all the ones i really liked and wanted to try.

I looked at downloading some of the transcriptions from his archive thread but I was unable to all the links seem to be broken from back in the day, is there any chance we can restore? 

Also hope Bilbo is well, being new to community and reviewing his contributions he seemed invaluable to many. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greentext said:

I looked at downloading some of the transcriptions from his archive thread but I was unable to all the links seem to be broken from back in the day, is there any chance we can restore? 

Also hope Bilbo is well, being new to community and reviewing his contributions he seemed invaluable to many. 

No-one has heard from him, even his band friends haven't heard anything. Its a complete mystery and very worrying for us that know him well on BC.

His own website has stopped too so i'm guessing all that work he did for us has now gone.

I did manage to download a lot of the songs i liked.

If you let me know what you're looking for i'll check to see if i have it.

Dave

• Like 1

He used to be part of a Facebook group that I was part of and I remember his contributions there. I just checked the membership list; he's left the group and apparently Facebook. 

Nice guy, I hope we can get some good news soon, but being realistic I know things don't always work out like that. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

No-one has heard from him, even his band friends haven't heard anything. Its a complete mystery and very worrying for us that know him well on BC.

His own website has stopped too so i'm guessing all that work he did for us has now gone.

Dave

Is his website on the Wayback Machine at https://archive.org/? Don't know what the URL was of his site otherwise I'd have checked myself.

5 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Dave

It’s really strange his “band friends” have no idea what’s going on, I know where all our band members live and if one of them was in the same situation, I would be popping round to see if anything was wrong, it would seriously give me concerns if they had dropped off the radar.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sadly, nothing. One of the bands I know he played in - Piccadilly Swing - still has his biog on their website but when I checked their most recent (2023) video it was a different bass player 😞

Edit: I have just emailed two of his former bands to see if they have any info - will post here if I get any useful reply

Edited by Clarky

Update: a former band mate sent me the following

"I’ve not spoken to Rob but have talked to his brother. He’s OK but completely off social media etc. I’ll pass on your concern again and hopefully he’ll get back to you."

So its good news and - given he clearly wants to be incommunicado - my view is we let it rest there.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

18 minutes ago, Clarky said:

"I’ve not spoken to Rob but have talked to his brother. He’s OK but completely off social media etc. I’ll pass on your concern again and hopefully he’ll get back to you."

So its good news and - given he clearly wants to be incommunicado - my view is we let it rest there.

Absolutely

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Wise man 👍

• Like 2

At least he's ok and that's the main thing for me. Hopefully he'll return home to BC and share his knowledge and experience again.

I do wonder what drives someone to stop all social media but it affects us all in different ways. 

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Clarky said:

Thanks for persisting Clarky, Bilbo was a great asset to this community so glad the news is positive.

• Like 3