Why become a member? ×

One of my absolute favorite finishes for basses and guitars is matte black, in fact all up on the first place, shared only with metallic deep purple finish (of which I unfortunately own no basses or guitars).

So this thread is for posting pictures of those of your basses that got a matte black finish!

The only instrument I own in matte black finish however is my Ibanez Mikro Bass, which is currently my main instrument of choise, technically Ibanez call it Weathered Black finish, but it's basically just an open pore matte black finish.

So here it is, my Ibanez GSRM20 neck + GSRM20B body Mikro Bass, which I named "Dud Bottomfeeder", and which I added a Jack Skellington (from Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas") skull sticker, two transparent lampshade knobs, and some respective red and green electrical tape (also known as insulation tape) to, as well as swapped the stock side mounted barrel type jack output socket for a regular front mounted one, pulled out the stock J pickup all together, replaced for a folded piece matte black cardboard, and swapped the stock P pickup for an EMG Geezer Butler P pickup, strung with Elixir Nanoweb nickel-plated roundwound steel core guitar strings, gauge .080 - .062 - .046 - .036 (using cut off ball ends from old bass strings to thread the strings through in order for them to be able to mount in the bridge holes and not slip through), to accommodate the F# standard tuning, that is 2 half steps above regular 4 string E standard tuning, I use for this just 28.6" scale bass :

image.thumb.png.fd3a42efe61e6affaacef6d269e5a38e.png

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...