Why become a member? ×

HW Rickenbacker

ricksterphil

I bought my 4005 second hand but it cost the seller £1300 to be built. 

He had pickups custom made by House of Tone separately so I assume that price was without pickups. 

The bass is mapleglo so no fancy paint finishes would've kept costs down, but it does have checker binding and crushed pearl fretmarkers. This was a few years back and the bass was a year old when I got it so prices have probably increased since. 

The NBD thread is here for those interested. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Maude said:

I bought my 4005 second hand but it cost the seller £1300 to be built. 

He had pickups custom made by House of Tone separately so I assume that price was without pickups. 

The bass is mapleglo so no fancy paint finishes would've kept costs down, but it does have checker binding and crushed pearl fretmarkers. This was a few years back and the bass was a year old when I got it so prices have probably increased since. 

The NBD thread is here for those interested. 

That's not as much as I would have thought given the reputation they seem to have!

Just now, MichaelDean said:

That's not as much as I would have thought given the reputation they seem to have!

No, it's very good value. I'd guess with fireglo, or similar finish, and decent pickups you'd be looking closer to £2k now. But Rickenbackers, new and used, have increased in price dramatically over the last five years, as have good fakers so who knows what Harry charges now. 

His dark fireglo finish is absolutely gorgeous though, that I do know.