Why become a member? ×

Leaving bass behind, NGD

oldslapper

First - BURN THE WITCH! :D 

Second - Is that a Streamliner (the design not the budget Gretsch series)? Not that I, ahem, know about these things, or that I, ahem, used to own one (checks outside for angry mob, wielding flaming torches and sharp, farming implements).

• Haha 4

I've answered my own question, yes it is a Streamliner (the 'F' holes give it away). I had a red one with a Bigsby and the Dynasonics replaced with Filtertrons.

When I say me, I mean some bloke I knew, who played guitar. ;) 

3 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I've answered my own question, yes it is a Streamliner (the 'F' holes give it away). I had a red one with a Bigsby and the Dynasonics replaced with Filtertrons.

When I say me, I mean some bloke I knew, who played guitar. ;) 

😂

Streamliner style I think, but not to be confused with the current Streamliner series. I had an historic series acoustic and I believe they are made either by Cort or Peerless?
Such a sexy looking thing. Guitars not bad either…… 

• Thanks 1

That's very nice...

However I never look at it as a move away or towards one instrument or another. I've played guitar, bass and synths in various bands at various times. In fact every time I ended up playing guitar or synth in a band it's because I originally joined or auditioned as a bass player. In the end it's all music.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, oldslapper said:

With my decision to move away from bass and get back to guitar

I've never seen a reason to choose.

I've got both scattered around the house, generally I find myself playing whatever is closest to hand when the urge strikes.

Lovely guitar btw, I've never owner a semiacoustic and I often worry that I might be missing out.

• Like 1

That's lovely! And those Dynasonic / DeArmond 2000 pickups are among my favourite single coils for guitar. Just brilliant! There's something about them in terms of pick dynamics and tone that you just don't get from Fender style pickups or P90's. 

• 2 weeks later...