Why become a member? ×

Sire updates

uk_lefty

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Nice upgrades. But I wish they'd revise that headstock. It's always been fugly and isn't getting any less fugly with age. 

It grows on you. Honestly I don't even think anything about the headstock on mine 2 years after getting it. I've seen fuglier ones as well.

1 hour ago, asingardenof said:

It grows on you. Honestly I don't even think anything about the headstock on mine 2 years after getting it. I've seen fuglier ones as well.

I also disliked the headstock on the Sadowsky Metro Express basses, but not because of the shape, because of the tacky decal. Looked like a 12-year-old had made it with a sheet of Letraset. But they're fixing that. I'm quite sensitive to headstock shapes and details!

Edited by Russ

15 minutes ago, Russ said:

I also disliked the headstock on the Sadowsky Metro Express basses, but not because of the shape, because of the tacky decal. Looked like a 12-year-old had made it with a sheet of Letraset. But they're fixing that. I'm quite sensitive to headstock shapes and details!

That's good to hear, because I'd quite like one of the new ME basses but I agree the headstock decal looks awful. I mean I'd love to get the one new Japanese ME that's still listed on one of the main online retailer sites (not saying which one because I'd still like it to be there when I have the money for it) but in the event that it's been bought by then I'll hang on until the Chinese MEs have the proper Sadowsky logo on them.

8 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

You'd think they would have prioritised getting low weight, good quality tuners on the V7 range and up, not much else that needs updating. You can get Lic Ultralites on similarly priced Cort basses.

Yeah, the weight has always been my biggest issue for me with Sire, mainly the V7 at 10.5lbs. 

1 hour ago, Raslee said:

Yeah, the weight has always been my biggest issue for me with Sire, mainly the V7 at 10.5lbs. 

My 5 string was 11.6lbs, wasn't an issue until I fractured my left collarbone at which point I started to think about moving it on. It was a great bass though, a mate of mine has a V7 Gen2 in Sherwood Green and after spending a bit of time with it I started thinking about buying another! The Gen2 pickups are a real improvement over the first ones IMO.

11 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

You'd think they would have prioritised getting low weight, good quality tuners on the V7 range and up, not much else that needs updating. You can get Lic Ultralites on similarly priced Cort basses.

They have it on the v10 deluxe instead 

https://sire-usa.com/products/sire-marcus-miller-v10-dx?variant=42380553486474

50 minutes ago, OliverBlackman said:

Yeah I saw that, they've gone full USA Hipshot hardware on those and the price tag is pretty high. Would be nice if they could get their own version of licensed Ultralites or Guyker equivalents on the  bread and butter Sire range.

I still don't like the bound, sharp angled tops of the higher end models and the U5. I think it makes them look unnecessarily large and bulky. I've been intrigued by the U5 since it first came out, but I would like it so much better with rounded edges. I'm loving the new V8, and the included gigbag also looks pretty impressive. 

On 14/10/2022 at 22:30, King Tut said:

It's looking like the V9 has been discontinued - hopefully that'll make mine become collectible 🤩🤩

I've got a V9 too. Still not sure if it's "better" than my old G1 V7 vintage that I had. I suppose when they put ebony fingerboards and matching headstocks on the G2 V7 range there wasn't much setting the V9 apart except the flamed top. I personally really like the flamed top on mine, it was a big attraction, being lefty and not usually having access to these type of things, but guess they didn't sell so well. I don't think anyone is going to miss them.

• Like 1