Why become a member? ×

New lighter Vintage and Compacts in stock!

alexclaber

Compact is here and looks lovely - like the badge! Can't wait to gig it but sadly have to wait until the 27th of June :)

I'd forgotten how light this baby is, I think the band will love it for that even before they hear it :rolleyes:

Mine isn't here yet :) Still time today though, I guess).

Stop press!! It's here too. Something tells me England will be a noisier place this evening! I'm SO glad the Speakon cable I ordered for it arrived yesterday!

Cheers Alex

Edited by MoonBassAlpha

[quote name='jonthebass' post='510333' date='Jun 10 2009, 04:20 PM']:ph34r: Did my Compacts ship today Alex? :brow:[/quote]

They're departing tomorrow along with a few others! (Been out today so courier couldn't collect)

Alex

Edited by alexclaber

[quote name='stevefletch59' post='511012' date='Jun 11 2009, 11:25 AM']Just picked up my Compact from the courier as I was not in when they tried to deliver it yesterday.

Band practice tonight.... Get ready !![/quote]

Great! Was slightly concerned it might be floating out of the hub in Sheffield...

Alex

Hi Alex

Not sure if this is on the right thread or not.

First Impressions.

Got the Compact yesterday and straight to band practice last night, not much time to experiment so it was plug and play. Using a customised Fender P through a Mark Bass LMK ( I have been using this set up with a 4ohm 4 x 10 ). Band last night was a loud Rock/Metal/Punk band. When they saw the Compact I could see the "is that going to be loud enough" look on their faces.. It was plenty loud enough and more.. Couldn't tell the difference in volume to the 4 x 10.. For a laugh I kept asking them if they wanted me to turn up... They didn't.

So it's plenty loud but the main benefit for me was in the tone. Great old school tone but clearer, no mud, if that makes sense. Nice tight lows, smooth even mids when I wanted and a nice upper mid grind when I wanted that and it surprised me how much top it produced when I cranked up the treble.

All in all exactly what I wanted.

For those who think you need a 4ohm cab to get the volume... You don't !

Thanks for a great cab Alex

Cheers

Steve

[quote name='Bananaman' post='513602' date='Jun 14 2009, 09:37 PM']Which cabs are they in the vintage style? :S[/quote]

See attachment on this post: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=47013&view=findpost&p=508575"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=508575[/url]

Two vintage-look Compacts in the foreground, six Compacts behind them.

Alex

[quote name='jonthebass' post='516516' date='Jun 17 2009, 03:34 PM']You would not be disappointed :rolleyes:[/quote]

Might when the sound gives the rest of my band internal bleeding and we can't gig any more :)

Planning to get at least one by the end of the summer.

[quote name='d-basser' post='516600' date='Jun 17 2009, 04:43 PM']Might when the sound gives the rest of my band internal bleeding and we can't gig any more :lol:...[/quote]

Wanna know a secret?
For a minute, way back when, I [i]nearly[/i] ordered 2 x Big Ones to put under the Boogie :) :D :rolleyes:
Can you even imagine?

The only thing that stopped me was lack of storage space!

JTB

[quote name='jonthebass' post='519318' date='Jun 20 2009, 02:31 PM']Wanna know a secret?
For a minute, way back when, I [i]nearly[/i] ordered 2 x Big Ones to put under the Boogie :) :lol: :rolleyes:
Can you even imagine?

The only thing that stopped me was lack of storage space!

JTB[/quote]
Flippin'eck Jon, that rig looks like it could move a Jumbo Jet!