Why become a member? ×

New lighter Vintage and Compacts in stock!

alexclaber

[quote name='johnnylager' post='506357' date='Jun 5 2009, 02:02 PM']No my son, it is you who will be flattened when we point them at each other. Redhill lies directly between Harrow & Newhaven & I'll have a kW going through a Big One soon enough. Hehe.[/quote]

:rolleyes: :)

[quote name='johnnylager' post='506357' date='Jun 5 2009, 02:02 PM']No my son, it is you who will be flattened when we point them at each other. Redhill lies directly between Harrow & Newhaven & I'll have a kW going through a Big One soon enough. Hehe.[/quote]

[quote name='jonthebass' post='506363' date='Jun 5 2009, 02:08 PM']:lol: :)[/quote]
Best thing that could happen to Redhill IMO :rolleyes:

Mr Fedex is taking some Compacts away today. John's vintage-look ones are going tomorrow as I was two metal corners short (doh!) Anticipating the Big Ones departing at the end of the week, assuming shipping cartons meet the new schedule...

Initially we're going to build one each of the Midget, Double Midget and Big Baby (though the latter will take quite a lot more testing so don't hold your breath for anything other than pictures). Midget & Double Midget should be available later this month and then the first full batch will start being built.

Midget is already reserved for someone but jump in quick if you want the first Barefaced 2x12"!

Alex

Edited by alexclaber

[quote name='alexclaber' post='509057' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:28 PM']Mr Fedex is taking some Compacts away today.[/quote]

Excellent news Alex - I'm really looking forward to giving my new Compact a workout :)

I'll let you know how I go with it and will get you some feedback soon...

[quote name='MythSte' post='509053' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:26 PM']these are looking increasingly like what i need... endorsing artist discount alex? I'm playing T in the Park this year! :)[/quote]

If you can put together a solid business case then I'm open to persuasion! :rolleyes: Which cab(s)?

Alex

[quote name='Musicman20' post='509081' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:46 PM']What kind of 2x12 are you in the process of making?[/quote]

A vertically aligned ported 2x12" with same external dimension as the Compact apart from an inch or so of extra height, port up the side rather than along the bottom as with my other cabs. Drivers positioned asymmetrically for better response. Similar sensitivity in the lows to the Compact (due to box size) but more sensitivity in midrange. Will be very loud indeed. Very very very loud. Not as fat and smooth as the Compact, more angry.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='509083' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:51 PM']A vertically aligned ported 2x12" with same external dimension as the Compact apart from an inch or so of extra height, port up the side rather than along the bottom as with my other cabs. Drivers positioned asymmetrically for better response. Similar sensitivity in the lows to the Compact (due to box size) but more sensitivity in midrange. Will be very loud indeed. Very very very loud. Not as fat and smooth as the Compact, more angry.

Alex[/quote]

Now that sounds good! Very loud and angry small 2x12! YESSS

[quote name='alexclaber' post='509075' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:42 PM']Those ones have just departed with Fedex 24 so should be there tomorrow!

Alex[/quote]
Sweeeeet. (That's the 2nd time I've said that in this thread today!)

As for endorsements, that reminds me, tonight I'll linky barefaced on the function band's site :)

Edited by Merton

The Compact has landed :rolleyes: - just arrived - shame I've got no way to try it out until I get home :)

Looking Great Alex and light as expected, can't wait to try it out later... think I might leave early today :lol:

Edited by jwbassman