Why become a member? ×

New lighter Vintage and Compacts in stock!

alexclaber

[quote name='jonthebass' post='519318' date='Jun 20 2009, 02:31 PM']Wanna know a secret?
For a minute, way back when, I [i]nearly[/i] ordered 2 x Big Ones to put under the Boogie :) :D :rolleyes:
Can you even imagine?

The only thing that stopped me was lack of storage space!

JTB[/quote]

I keep looking at the fact that my Fafner is capable 2ohm...so that is 3 big ones or 4 compacts :lol:
Then I realise one would be more than enough and I am being ridiculous.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='521410' date='Jun 23 2009, 08:17 AM']The near mythical Vintages [b]will be[/b] ready next week[/quote]
That sounds remarkably definite. :rolleyes: For about the fifth time in as many months, I've had a special moment in my pants regarding the impending Vintage.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='521410' date='Jun 23 2009, 08:17 AM']what a wait...[/quote]
I've just been thinking of it as a custom build. :) These things take time...

[quote name='alexclaber' post='529499' date='Jul 1 2009, 12:34 PM']One Vintage unsold, all other cabs gone!

Alex[/quote]
Mighty tempted to swap my Compact for the Vintage already, saves buying another Compact in the future.... Hmmmm. :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='530578' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:20 PM']Is it a 'vintagised' Compact?[/quote]

No. Why does everyone want them vintageised?!! :)

Personally I prefer how the Compact looks in its standard form, due to its symmetry and the imposing speaker. The Big One does look v nice vintageised though.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='530594' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:30 PM']Why does everyone want them vintageised?!! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Years and years of playing through anonymous black boxes, whilst Guitards got to use all the pretty stuff.

We're just getting our revenge. :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='530646' date='Jul 2 2009, 02:03 PM']Years and years of playing through anonymous black boxes, whilst Guitards got to use all the pretty stuff.

We're just getting our revenge. :)[/quote]

Agreed. Im a picky twat now and I love the tradional look of guitar amps. Probably half the reason I went for Aguilar. Yes....I am vain on all levels.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='530284' date='Jul 2 2009, 09:41 AM']No more cabs of any variety until later in July![/quote]
Ah, that could work out well for me then.

Had a panic attack that you were going to say there'd be no more Compacts before October. :)

Edit: Incidently, I prefer the look of the standard Compacts over the Vintage too.

Edited by Eight

[quote name='alexclaber' post='509083' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:51 PM']A vertically aligned ported 2x12" with same external dimension as the Compact apart from an inch or so of extra height, port up the side rather than along the bottom as with my other cabs. Drivers positioned asymmetrically for better response. Similar sensitivity in the lows to the Compact (due to box size) but more sensitivity in midrange. Will be very loud indeed. Very very very loud. Not as fat and smooth as the Compact, more angry.

Alex[/quote]

Any news on this cab?

Im interested! A lot! Seems like a Schroeder beater :)

[quote name='alexclaber' post='544457' date='Jul 19 2009, 01:30 AM']The first few Midgets will be ready in the next week or so. Get your order in now! :)

Alex[/quote]

Hi Alex,

I'd be interested in seeing a photo of a Midget on top of a Compact, plus the results of your testing.