Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash: Nottingham, 22 April 2023 👍

Richard R

• 4 weeks later...

@Richard R : Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, scales to weight basses with, cake

@petecarlton: Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake

@Machines: Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

@Andyjr1515 : SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Ander87 Some of the gear in his signature - Rickenbacker 4003, MM Stingray Special 4HH, Fender AO Precision 60s, a few pedals on a Nano + Ampeg SVT 2 Pro Premiere + Barefaced Six10

@Frank Blank: Jabba short scale fretted, Jabba short scale fretless, Nordstrand Acinonyx, QSC K12.2, whichever preamp I'm using at the time.

@NickA couple of Wals and a Dolphin. You've all seen and played the mk1 fretless, and the dolphin, but I got a mk2 5er just before the prices went silly. Some PJB stuff too. Might bring the double bass .. how big is the room?

@PTB: MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

Richard's mate Darran: Nice Ibanez and the Aria Sinsonido silent bass. Ashdown amp if there's space in the car.

A dozen confirmed would be good, let's see who else we can rustle up 🤠

Edited by Richard R
Typo

20 minutes ago, Richard R said:

@Richard R : Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, scales to weight basses with, cake

@petecarlton: Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake

@Machines: Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

@Andyjr1515 : SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Ander87 Some of the gear in his signature - Rickenbacker 4003, MM Stingray Special 4HH, Fender AO Precision 60s, a few pedals on a Nano + Ampeg SVT 2 Pro Premiere + Barefaced Six10

@Frank Blank: Jabba short scale fretted, Jabba short scale fretless, Nordstrand Acinonyx, QSC K12.2, whichever preamp I'm using at the time.

@NickA couple of Wals and a Dolphin. You've all seen and played the mk1 fretless, and the dolphin, but I got a mk2 5er just before the prices went silly. Some PJB stuff too. Might bring the double bass .. how big is the room?

@PTB: MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

Richard's mate Darran: Nice Ibanez and the Aria Sinsonido silent bass. Ashdown amp if there's space in the car.

I have never been to a bash. Can you only get in if you set up shop and bring some gear? No “visitors only”?

1 hour ago, floFC said:

I have never been to a bash. Can you only get in if you set up shop and bring some gear? No “visitors only”?

Anyone welcome, with or without gear,  and you're very welcome to rock up,  talk rubbish and play bass. Put yourself down as bringing "Curiosity" 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Richard R said:

And me, me, I’ll be there, put me on the list, go on, please. I’m contemplating bringing my custom Fretless 5! I’ll bring my GR CAB and EVO 1 Head. 

• Like 2

@Richard R Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, scales to weight basses with, cake

@petecarlton Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake

@Machines : Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

@Andyjr1515  : SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Frank Blank  Jabba short scale fretted, Jabba short scale fretless, Nordstrand Acinonyx, QSC K12.2, whichever preamp I'm using at the time.

@PTB MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

Darran: Nice Ibanez and the Aria Sinsonido silent bass. Ashdown amp if there's space in the car.

@floFC, curiosity

@Oldman contemplating bringing my custom Fretless 5! I’ll bring my GR CAB and EVO 1 Head.

• Like 1

Never been to one of these before, but looks great., count me in.

@Richard R: Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, scales to weigh basses with, cake

@Andyjr1515: SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Ander87: Some of the gear in his signature - Rickenbacker 4003, MM Stingray Special 4HH, Fender AO Precision 60s, a few pedals on a Nano + Ampeg SVT 2 Pro Premiere + Barefaced Six10

@Frank Blank:  Jabba short scale fretted and fretless, Ibanez SRC6 Grace Design Alix, QSC K12.2

@NickA: couple of Wals and a Dolphin. You've all seen and played the mk1 fretless, and the dolphin, but I got a mk2 5er just before the prices went silly. Some PJB stuff too. Might bring the double bass .. how big is the room?

@PTB: MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

Darran: Nice Ibanez and the Aria Sinsonido silent bass. Ashdown amp if there's space in the car.

@floFC: curiosity

@Oldman: contemplating bringing my custom Fretless 5! I’ll bring my GR CAB and EVO 1 Head.

@SimBass: Sandberg California II TM 5, Eminence Small bodied double bass, EBS Stanley Clarke Preamp pedal, GRBass One 800, Barefaced Super Compact

• Like 3

Breaking news!

@Andyjr1515 will be giving a demo of how to set up a bass properly
Most of us can set up after changing strings, but I found recently that I really can't get the intonation sorted after this last change, and I have no idea why. I'm hoping that not only will Andy remedy my cack-handedness, but that we can all learn something from a man who knows a bit about building and setup, and whose basses have won No Trebble Bass of the Week on multiple occasions.  Thanks Andy, as always, for your generosity.

• Like 3

On 25/02/2023 at 09:20, LukeFRC said:

If you stick "Nottingham" at the start of the thread title you might get more ppl spotting it... "Midlands" is a large area, sometimes with slightly odd accents, while Nottingham is a big city just off the M1 and easier to get too as a concept

Optimistic... It's a pain in the butt to get to from the north end of Shropshire in the north Midlands as it's all cross-country so-called A roads... 

I hope to make it... but it's very close to my final project submissions for my degree AND I'm moving house... Will update on that nearer the time. 

Edited by zbd1960
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, zbd1960 said:

Optimistic... It's a pain in the butt to get to from the north end of Shropshire in the north Midlands as it's all cross-country so-called A roads... 

I hope to make it... but it's very close to my final project submissions for my degree AND I'm moving house... Will update on that nearer the time. 

It would be great to see you, but personally I would get the project submissions done -  there will be plenty of bass bashes to follow. 

I know that is very boring and sensible advice, sorry!  If you want bad advice, hellraiser attitudes and laddishnesh, try GuitarChat. B|

Edited by Richard R
or so I'm told...
  • Confused 1

On a similar note (of 'other gear'). @NickA I would be very curious to hear a 'real' double bass side by side with my Eminence, I've never done a real comparison

Gear I'm not planning to bring but could throw in if anyone was particularly interested:

• Barefaced One10
  • Sire P7 v2 (5 String)
  • Custom 2x10 cab (currently for sale in the market place)
Edited by SimBass
  • Like 1

On 27/03/2023 at 12:00, SimBass said:

On a similar note (of 'other gear'). @NickA I would be very curious to hear a 'real' double bass side by side with my Eminence, I've never done a real comparison

Gear I'm not planning to bring but could throw in if anyone was particularly interested:

• Barefaced One10
  • Sire P7 v2 (5 String)
  • Custom 2x10 cab (currently for sale in the market place)

I'd very much like to try the Barefaced One10 if you have room in the container!

• Like 2

Hey guys, I’ll be dropping out of the bash - toying with some gear at home to keep me busy but I’ve had some recent painful news and just need some family time if that’s okay - there’ll always be next year…!

• Sad 2

Just now, Ander87 said:

Hey guys, I’ll be dropping out of the bash - toying with some gear at home to keep me busy but I’ve had some recent painful news and just need some family time if that’s okay - there’ll always be next year…!

Sorry to hear that, but I hope things take a more optimistic turn soon.  Good luck and take care.

• Thanks 1