Why become a member? ×

Sold Basses and the general vibe.

pembroke151

I'm relatively new to this forum, or at least being active on here.  I joined recently to sell some gear and 48 hours from listing 2 basses I had sold them.

Just a note to say that this is a great forum full of like minded and generally sound people and I will be trying to get into the stuff that goes on a little more over the coming months.

it's a great place to do business and with such great people.

Just to be transparent, I work for Yamaha, my role being to sell Yamaha, Ampeg and Line 6 products.  Any help I can offer in that area, then I will do my best, I might even be able to run a few prototypes past you for some opinions here and there.

Obviously this is not an official connection, it's my personal account and not endorsed by my employer, due to legal compliance there's only so far I can go with matters, but i will do my best.

Thanks Basschat, impressed.

• Like 27

20 hours ago, pembroke151 said:

Just to be transparent, I work for Yamaha, my role being to sell Yamaha, Ampeg and Line 6 products.  Any help I can offer in that area, then I will do my best, I might even be able to run a few prototypes past you for some opinions here and there.

Good to have you on board @pembroke151

Is there anything interesting in the pipeline from Yamaha basses? 

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses to this post, much appreciated.

The last couple of years have really slowed down any development and plans for new products from Yamaha / Ampeg recently, as soon as I could share anything I would love to get the opinions from the forum.  OK, that may be a little dangerous as I'm sure I'd get a healthy mix, but the feedback would be really useful.

Dave.

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum.  I find it's a nicer place to discuss all things bass and bass related than that other place where people 'talk bass'. Your expertise and connections will be very valuable here.

Could you kindly get on to the powers that be and remind them that bassists love modelling as much as guitarists, and please produce a line 6/ampeg bass powercab frfr and a yamaha variax bass.

Just kidding, but that would make me a very happy bassist.

• Like 1

Welcome, I don't think I've ever played a bad Yamaha instrument, Sax, electric bass, electric upright bass (when's the SLB-300 gonna be in stock.....), acoustic guitar. Hope they're as good to work for as they are at making instruments  👍

• Like 3

On 11/08/2022 at 18:36, pembroke151 said:

Obviously this is not an official connection, it's my personal account and not endorsed by my employer, due to legal compliance there's only so far I can go with matters, but i will do my best.

Yamaha have been my favourite manufacturer for some time.  When they do something well, they do it really well and really consistently.  Second hand values are pretty healthy for the top notch kit.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2022 at 09:48, Greg Edwards69 said:

Welcome to the forum.  I find it's a nicer place to discuss all things bass and bass related than that other place where people 'talk bass'. Your expertise and connections will be very valuable here.

Could you kindly get on to the powers that be and remind them that bassists love modelling as much as guitarists, and please produce a line 6/ampeg bass powercab frfr and a yamaha variax bass.

Just kidding, but that would make me a very happy bassist.

The latest updates for Podgo and Podgo Wireless bring a in a few more Ampeg features, from the pedals range, originally developed under the previous owners of Ampeg but still pretty good and well priced units. Expect to see more features such as those used on Ampeg SVT Suite in future modelling boxes and updates, not official news but just a hunch I have that this will filter across.  https://ampeg.com/svt-suite/

Dave.

Line6 firmware updates.pdf

On 14/08/2022 at 03:12, tauzero said:

Another Variax bass would be nice. I currently have a Variax 300, JTV59, 700 acoustic, and 705 bass. I'm sure there's more that Line 6 could do in the Variax line...

The Variax tech has always struck me as a natural home for all sorts of retuning/drop tuning jiggery-pokery. It might even do it, but I have never been close enought to one to see. I could be completely wrong. It would not even be the first time today. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Owen said:

The Variax tech has always struck me as a natural home for all sorts of retuning/drop tuning jiggery-pokery. It might even do it, but I have never been close enought to one to see. I could be completely wrong. It would not even be the first time today. 

Yes, there's alternative tuning options available, but not on the bass. On the ones I have, it's the JTV-59 and 700 acoustic that have the option.

I had to look up what a Variax was. This is the Sound On Sound review of the bass. If the same thing really can sound like any of a dozen wildly different bases - and the review says it genuinely does - then that's impressive!

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/line-6-variax-bass-700

Edited by Richard R
Just seen they made a 5 string. Now I want one!

I spent lots of bucks on high end gear in the past. 

I find that my Yamaha basses all punch way above their price point.  I believe we get a lot of bass for our meagre outlay. 

I haven't had much need to,  but when I have Customer Service was excellent.  I had a query about truss rod nuts and was sent two.