Why become a member? ×

2022 Gear abstinence thread

bassfan

21 hours ago, Al Krow said:

How are you finding it? Decent quality step up from the Behringer in terms of sound quality?

It's a definite step-up, although the main reason for getting it was to get rid of the cable. The Behringer wasn't bad, but there's deffo more clarity with the Shure. The ZS10 earphones seem to have the edge over the Shure ones, oddly enough, and they're much more secure. All in all, I'm very pleased with it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, neepheid said:

Less than two months to go, who's still in?

I failed months back. But I am now in a position of trying to consolidate a few things and not buy anything for 2023. Many people (for example @eude and @Quilly) have laughed at me about this proclamation. It’s probably true, if the Stoneham 100W project happens, but if it doesn’t, I am going to go the whole of 2023 without buying anything. Honest 😀

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, lozkerr said:

I'm still technically in, in that I've not bought any contraband items between bass and amp and I've not bought any more basses. But I nearly let my mate persuade me to get a five-string Precision a couple of weeks ago!

A dangerous flirtation with failure (only within the context of this thread, of course!)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, neepheid said:

A dangerous flirtation with failure (only within the context of this thread, of course!)

Only seven weeks to go, so I think I'm in with a chance. OTOH, said mate sent me some pics of his latest bass - a five-string Jazz. This after endless ribbing about Jaco only needing four strings, so I'm counting that as a solid win!

• Like 2

I haven’t brought a new bass home in just over a year! I did pick up a baritone guitar simply because my Bass VI was a whole lot of fun. Also picked up two more amps in the last year.  
And not seeing any immediate need in the near future.

I started the year with two basses and I'm down to one. I would say "just", but Valkyrie is awesome. I have bought equipment but not directly bass gear and only due to needing it for recording purposes. Actually, I'm not sure those midi cables will be necessary now, but they could still be useful.

I failed miserably early on in the year with A Sandberg Basic 4, later I bought the TE Elf and eventually the 1*10 cab for it. 

On the other hand I sold an Ashdown CTM100, A Mayones Jabba4 and and a Schroeder 2*15 cab so I think I balanced the books...somewhat.

I definitely intend no purchases in 2023.  

I started the year with the intention of not buying anything but didn’t make any overt commitment about that. 6 months later, I caved in and bought another bass. So it was a fail. However, I think I can now reasonably commit to abstaining in 2023.