Why become a member? ×

My First impression

Cariboobass4

I wanted my first post to be a series one so I will do my best. 
This is what I have seen to be true about English made basses. If you look down the fingerboard from the bridge to the nut the E and A strings can only down chromatically and the D and G can only go up chromatically. That is why English Basses can only be played from the right side. This is also why they are not imported  to the America’s. 
Flat wound strings are for Apartment use only. 

The first bass played by James Bond ( Sean Connery) in the Sixties, was a double 0 fret model with 7 strings, made by Q Branch. 

Last but not least, all the valuables in the Tower of London are provided on loan by the bass players from Def Leppard, The Stones, Moody Blues and Led Zeppelin.
thought I would let you know.  

Edited by Cariboobass4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 25/10/2021 at 04:31, Cariboobass4 said:

If you look down the fingerboard from the bridge to the nut the E and A strings can only down chromatically and the D and G can only go up chromatically. That is why English Basses can only be played from the right side. This is also why they are not imported  to the America’s. 

Good point well made.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve heard of Elevator Music. Brian Eno’s sonic version of The Emperor’s New Clothes.

As for the main topic, I’ll never forget the harsh supervisor of a drawing office saying one of my technical specs looked like “a child’s impression of crows in flight”.

My engineering career never really recovered.

3 hours ago, Daz39 said:

Condos are generally privately owned with the owners all being on the building’s board that approves new owners and regulates the maintenance fees.

The machine in the bog in our local doesn’t need all that faffing about. Two quid, pull the lever thing and……

Sorry. As you were.

These bloody glasses

• Haha 4