91 members have voted

1. 1. Smoke on the Water - Heavy Metal?

• most definitely
    • yes, but barely
    • almost, but not quite
    • definitely not

4 hours ago, MHMSWC#03 said:

I may start a new thread called "Is Birmingham the home of metal?"

Given the city's industrial past/heritage, the answer has to be most definitely. Metal bashing made Birmingham the greatest industrial area in the world.

Sorry to be a nerd.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

Given the city's industrial past/heritage, the answer has to be most definitely. Metal bashing made Birmingham the greatest industrial area in the world.

Sorry to be a nerd.

Nerd away to your heart's content.

Thank you for your wholly correct answer to my somewhat rhetorical question. The answer, of course, is that Birmingham is definitely the home of metal and the reason for that is because it's the city I was born and raised in, and I'm so metal I am on the periodic table 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Likewise.

+1

Fortunately the incidence of sexually transmitted diseases seems to be pretty low in Brum due to folk not liking the accent. 

But it does beg the age old, but important, question: Is the Brummie accent good for metal?

30 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

+1

Fortunately the incidence of sexually transmitted diseases seems to be pretty low in Brum due to folk not liking the accent. 

But it does beg the age old, but important, question: Is the Brummie accent good for metal?

Napalm Death would say yes.

13 hours ago, FinnDave said:

The closest I've ever been to Birmingham is passing through it on a train or the motorway. Never had a reason to stop there.

Well I was trying to find a venue for the Dudes to play near here, but some bugger went and bit the head off a bat in Wuhan and messed up the world

BLOODY OZZY OSBORNE FANS!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Is there any word that sounds better that this in a Brummie accent?

One of my school friends had a really thick brummie accent. French lessons were great. He had the language and grammar down perfectly, and spoke pretty well.  But every so often his natural accent would break though. Bonn jewa!

• Haha 2