Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Maude said:

Late notice, on now. Rudeboy, The story of Trojan Records. 

Followed by Toots and The Maytals, From the Roots. 

I saw that on an earlier run. Really really good. I might even have it recorded somewhere so I’ll have to watch it again. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Velarian said:

The Lindisfarne program is on again now on BBC1

Strange, the TV listing says it’s the Lindisfarne documentary but it’s actually who do you think you are 🤔

Edited by Velarian

1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

It's still on the iPlayer, tho 🙂

Good point. 

It seems that my Virgin Media setup has got its knickers in a twist. I’m getting correct Yorkshire region TV but North East program listings for some reason. I’m too tired to figure it out now so will have a look tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, casapete said:

On BBC4 tonight ( Friday March 25th) there is the 2018 film ‘Amazing Grace’, all about Aretha Franklin’s 1972 gospel album.

Well worth watching. I believe it was recorded without using any 'clapperboards' and so only due to recent technology could the sound and pictures be synched.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Well worth watching. I believe it was recorded without using any 'clapperboards' and so only due to recent technology could the sound and pictures be synched.

I agree.  I saw it a few months ago on Amazon Prime.  Some nice playing by Chuck Rainey, Bernard Purdie and my favourite guitarist Cornell Dupree. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got Samsung Plus. There are a few music station/channels one of which shows live concerts. Odd thing is though,  the guide for the channel is about 2hrs out...switch on expecting to see eg. Springsteen and you'll get Hendrix