Why become a member? ×

1 hour ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Yamaha needs to put a short scale bass into production.

And I think it's a bit odd that they haven't got any current production short scale offerings with how popular short scales have become in recent years, nearly every other big guitar manufacture having at least one option for this in their current lineup. 

Agreed, especially because we know it will be good, honest value for money when/if it comes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeftyJ said:

Or a shortscale SBV B|

Not familiar with this bass so just Googled it to fill the knowledge gap.

Among the search results was an amusing FS ad on Reverb from Reverty in Tokyo with the following (forrowing?) headline:

Yamaha SBV-500 Electric Bass Guitar Red Frying Samurai Bass.

So sad to see that the once noble Samurai are reduced to frying for a living nowadays.

Very nice basses btw.

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Yep, don`t reinvent the wheel, a short-scale BB bass I`m sure would get a lot of interest.

Back in the day they produced the SB-35.  Medium scale bass version of thier SG style guitars.  I had one and sold it, my biggest seller's remorse ever.  If they did one of these in a short scale I reckon it would be a winner.

sb351.thumb.jpg.9a4e8aa04782abb31a83ce76f1b4f19e.jpg

• Like 15

13 hours ago, nordygrrl said:

you can order one now. email me [email protected] and i can help you with your order.

Well done for jumping on this topic! I'm considering adding a fretted V2 to my collection and it's good to see someone from Nordstrand reaching out across the pond. We know that you have UK distribution via Bass Direct but, like most distributors, they are just a stock-holding operation rather than a dynamic sales/marketing/promotional organisation. As a prospective customer I need to feel some kind of direct link with the manufacturer.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Well done for jumping on this topic! I'm considering adding a fretted V2 to my collection and it's good to see someone from Nordstrand reaching out across the pond. We know that you have UK distribution via Bass Direct but, like most distributors, they are just a stock-holding operation rather than a dynamic sales/marketing/promotional organisation. As a prospective customer I need to feel some kind of direct link with the manufacturer.

For what it is worth, I got my V1 through Bass Gallery, so there is an alternative source in the UK. Probably not as good as dealing direct with Nordstrand but at least they handle the importation red tape.

• Thanks 1

Bit of a rubbish picture but it shows I'm back owning a short scale again 🙂 no going back this time!  I got this messed about with Squier CV Mustang in a trade, I can get a really nice recorded sound with the tone rolled off a bit and it plays really well so I'm more than happy, if only it was white 😄

IMG_20231021_130717680.jpg

Edited by Rumple
  • Like 9

25 minutes ago, Rumple said:

Bit of a rubbish picture but it shows I'm back owning a short scale again 🙂 no going back this time!  I got this messed about with Squier CV Mustang in a trade, I can get a really nice recorded sound with the tone rolled off a bit and it plays really well so I'm more than happy, if only it was white 😄

Looks fabulous in mint green (?). I do like these pastel colours 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rumple said:

I looked all over for the green one and they were either all out of stock or on crazy long pre-order, like 20 weeks or whatever. So I bought a white one and I love it (it is a classic 60s looker) but still wish I’d got a green one. Enjoy it! 👍

• Like 1

I recently bought a Squier Vista Series Musicmaster bass in a deal on here.  Actually, more of a steal as the seller wsn't asking much!  I've had them before and am very pleased to have one again.  Punchy little fella, going to satisfy my Fender flavoured short scale GAS - I was considering buying a JMJ Mustang to see what the fuss is about but, actually, don't think I need to now.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...