Why become a member? ×

The Skarbee Celinder Update J

Kiwi

I got made redundant for the third time in 12 months today so it seems like I'm probably going to be leaving the UK if I want to escape the shadow of job insecurity. Besides which I potentially face a rental bill for 6 months minimum term.

So. Further slimming down of the gear collection is going to happen in anticipation of emigration. Starting with this:

You know it as a stunningly capable instrument with a rock solid neck, capable of persuasive Marcus Miller impersonations. The bass has Fralin single coil pickups, an Aguilar OBP-1 preamp and is capable of passive operation at the pull of the bridge volume pot. The serial is 9804130

Sound clips are embedded [url="http://www.freewebs.com/crazykiwi_bass/celinderupdate4.htm"]here.[/url]

I've already had an offer of £1500 for it so I'm seeing what other interest there is. If it doesn't sell here, it will go on consignment through the Bass Gallery.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='420899' date='Feb 27 2009, 01:58 PM']I got made redundant for the third time in 12 months today so it seems like I'm probably going to be leaving the UK if I want to escape the shadow of job insecurity. Besides which I potentially face a rental bill for 6 months minimum term.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that CK.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='420956' date='Feb 27 2009, 02:44 PM']Ooh is this the Basschat banner bass?[/quote]
Yes it is! ;)

Si: NZ is one option along with Hong Kong, Qatar and Oman. Its a complete bastard because I potentially have a very sweet number set up in London when the property market picks up, but there's no telling whether that will happen in 18 months or 3 years. In the meantime, it seems a case of manning the lifeboats and everyone for themselves. I'm just thankful my skills are good overseas currency. God knows what position I'd be in if I'd spent the whole of my career in the UK.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='421001' date='Feb 27 2009, 03:24 PM']Sorry to hear your news CK. Maybe its not all bad if you won't have to live in Peterborough any more?

Peter[/quote]
LOL well my time in Peterborough hasn't been all that bad although I've been told that when it is bad it's vicious. Maybe I've been a little insulated. ;) Its certainly cheaper as a bolt hole than London while I see how my future pans out.

Really sorry to hear the news CK. There seems to be a lot of it about at the moment but that's sod all compensation really.

At my band rehearsal this week two of the band were facing possible work problems in the shape of either redundancy or pay cuts. That's a third of the people who were there!

Beautiful bass, if was a 5 I'd be on the bidding line right now. Hope it goes for lots of money ;)

[quote name='JohnnyLightyear' post='421249' date='Feb 27 2009, 07:18 PM']Just to echo everyone else's sentiments, sorry to hear about your troubles- hope things work out and you can aim to get them all back one day soon! ;)[/quote]
+1

Terrible situation to be in but i'm glad to hear you have some options open to you, even if it means moving away from the UK.. Hope this sale gets you what you need and things on the work front improve!

Sincere sympathy - there's a lot of this around and it's going to get worse (possibly much worse) before it gets better. As for the lifeboats, it's probably a good idea to escape these shores if you have the skillset and latitude (as for 'everybody for themselves', I hope not - that's what got us into this sh*t in the first place).

The bass looks absolutely stunning and fully worthy of its place at the head of this forum - I'm sure it will be snapped-up but such a shame - I hope it retuns to you soon. Good luck with everything you need to do.

thanks again chaps.

It might even be worth putting this on Ebay I guess...

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250370149881"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250370149881[/url]