Why become a member? ×

The Skarbee Celinder Update J

Kiwi

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='426234' date='Mar 5 2009, 02:52 PM']I'm sorry if I've disappointed you beefy. :)[/quote]

Isn't it easier just to put down your asking your asking price and then the whole auction thing will be solved. If you chose to accept a lower asking price then fair be - but it's a bit pants the way this thread is running.

I'll offer £1501. Does that make me highest bidder now?

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='Toasted' post='426248' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:06 PM']I can't believe someone's not bitten your arm off for £1500. As I said before:

1) at least 12 months wait
2) at least £2800[/quote]

It's a custom instrument. If people have £1500 to spend and looking at custom instruments, they will have one made for them. Look at Shukers - their resale values are pretty poor - because you can go to the man direct and get exactly what you want made. OK, you have the wait... but if you want it bad, you'll wait.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='426250' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:06 PM']Isn't it easier just to put down your asking your asking price and then the whole auction thing will be solved. If you chose to accept a lower asking price then fair be - but it's a bit pants the way this thread is running.

I'll offer £1501. Does that make me highest bidder now?[/quote]

I thought CK cleared this up already? When he said "this is not an auction", it ceased to be an auction. The fact that he's taking bids is neither here nor there.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='426254' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:09 PM']I thought CK cleared this up already? When he said "this is not an auction", it ceased to be an auction. The fact that he's taking bids is neither here nor there.[/quote]
Indeed, I'm taking offers, sunshine. :)

I have a firm figure in mind which isn't unreasonable but if someone thinks its worth more, I'm not going to turn that down either. If I post the figure I have in mind, then that effectively limits the potential values of the offers doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Now, how about we get this thread back on track and bass focussed? Beefy if you don't like what I do, I'm sure you can other ways to occupy your working day than by trying to undermine this thread.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='426284' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:37 PM']And Peter Sutcliffe got sh*t on by the tax man.[/quote]

Erm ... I think we just strayed some way beyond banter.

Any chance everyone could just chill for a while?

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='426301' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:46 PM']Erm ... I think we just strayed some way beyond banter.

Any chance everyone could just chill for a while?[/quote]

C'mon! I hardly think comparing CK to Peter Sutcliffe is unreasonable!

Personally, I've been compared to a young Fred West.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='426298' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:43 PM']I have a firm figure in mind which isn't unreasonable but if someone thinks its worth more, I'm not going to turn that down either. If I post the figure I have in mind, then that effectively limits the potential values of the offers doesn't it? :)[/quote]

Sounds like a job for ebay then...?

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='426314' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:53 PM']C'mon! I hardly think comparing CK to Peter Sutcliffe is unreasonable!

Personally, I've been compared to a young Fred West.[/quote]
OK you've just stepped over the mark.

I don't know what your problem is but that remark is just unacceptable for anyone on this forum, let alone you bullying me on this thread. Your user account and PM-ing privileges are suspended temporarily while I discuss with Ped and the mods over whether to make it permanent.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='426336' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:05 PM']I've not lost my touch then.[/quote]

It would seem not. Corker of a sale thread this, it'll be a shame if the bass sells. Wish I hadn't been working on my Censorship essay for the last 4 hours - mind you there's an outside chance this thread might get cited now.

I've just sold three (possibly four) basses on Gumtree precisely because of this kind of crap in the FOR SALE forum. If anyone wants to debate censorship or whatever then fine, but there's that lovely shiny place called Off Topic. As far as I can see there is a bass for sale here. If people are interested then send the guy a PM. If not then why not myob?

This is a top bass!

Its being sold by a top bloke!

loads of people put things up for sale not quite knowing what the current market value is! CrazyKiwi is well within his right to get as much as he can for his bass!!

if an offer comes along that sounds about right to him then everyone is happy!

If i was after a Celinder i would expect this bass to be worth around £2000 and thats what i'd offer but thats just me!!

best of luck with the sale mate!

:)

Man, I'm just gutted this sale didn't come in a few months instead of now, I would have put an offer in faster than I could type the PM. I'm sure that's not incredibly helpful info but I am gutted, I've wanted a Celinder for a very long time. A reasonable offer as well for such a great bass.

[quote name='XB26354' post='426410' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:40 PM']I've just sold three (possibly four) basses on Gumtree precisely because of this kind of crap in the FOR SALE forum. If anyone wants to debate censorship or whatever then fine, but there's that lovely shiny place called Off Topic. As far as I can see there is a bass for sale here. If people are interested then send the guy a PM. If not then why not myob?[/quote]
I have bought and sold a few things on here. If somebody wants to sell something then they usually say what they want for it. Thats how sales work and I have no time for the feeler's that are always appearing on here and always ignore them. MYOB as you say. But this is an auction masquerading as a sale. I have not had any problems cos I always price my stuff for sale and if I could have got more then thats hard luck. Am sure I could of got more for my EBS rig given how quick I sold it.

However, if I had been moderated for selling with an auction then I would be more than a little pissed at this behavoiur.

Will he be auctioning his stake in basschat as well?

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='426611' date='Mar 5 2009, 07:41 PM']I had no idea there was any "no auctions" policy until this thread kicked off. I don't really understand why BBC's been banned though - surely you didn't take that Peter Sutcliffe remark to heart?[/quote]
+1 on both

On auctions, I am sure I've seen plenty of FS threads stating "PM me offers" or such like.

On BBC, he is a bit near the knuckle but he is harmless IMHO (and occasionally very, very funny). I would agree he had hijacked a thread that has a really sh*t starting point of CK being made redundant - and perhaps he should therefore have PM'ed CK or one of the other mods if he felt that strongly, rather than air dirty linen in public - but banning him seems OTT to me.

That said, hope you sell the bass for a good price CK

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='426314' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:53 PM']C'mon! I hardly think comparing CK to Peter Sutcliffe is unreasonable!

Personally, I've been compared to a young Fred West.[/quote]

For my personal info, I don't undestand what is the subject about...
I don't know those guys , who are they ? (I'm fench , sorry ...)

[quote name='Clarky' post='426628' date='Mar 5 2009, 08:15 PM']On auctions, I am sure I've seen plenty of FS threads stating "PM me offers" or such like.[/quote]

Doesn't "PM me offers" normally mean: tell me what you've got & if I think it's reasonable I'll accept?

As opposed to: I've been offered x amount, will anyone offer me more?

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='426633' date='Mar 5 2009, 08:19 PM'][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West[/url][/quote]

Hadn't heard of Fred West before, now that was an erm interesting read! :rolleyes:

Anyway... lovely looking bass CK, you can't beat a black body & guard with a maple board for a start! Really loved the tones coming out of it in the sound clips as well. Will have to play the lottery tomorrow! :)

Why does it look like some people are so negatve towards CrazyKiwi? Isn't he the site owner or something? If not that and he's just lost is job and needs to sell his bass to pay the the rent then its even worse to slag him off isnt it?

Give the guy a break, its his site so he can do what he wants can't he? Or am I missing something?

Nice bass though, bit out of my price range :)

Edited by Vroomfondel

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='426633' date='Mar 5 2009, 09:19 PM'][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sutcliffe"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Sutcliffe[/url]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West[/url]

Glad to help :rolleyes:[/quote]

Tahnk you for the help, even though I don't see the link between those killers and CrazyKiwi...
Like a nonsense for a french man like me. :)

But here, have a big Bump to this bass, or at least CrazyKiwi could make another thread cause this one
is not good for a Celinder !

[quote name='flychris' post='426685' date='Mar 5 2009, 09:10 PM']Tahnk you for the help, even though I don't see the link between those killers and CrazyKiwi...
Like a nonsense for a french man like me. :)

But here, have a big Bump to this bass, or at least CrazyKiwi could make another thread cause this one
is not good for a Celinder ![/quote]

Here's a bump for the bass sale, a character reference for CK 'I have known the man for 1 year and he is no serial killer' and a protestation at the banning of tBBC who is by a country&western mile the most entertaining member of AssHat; as a mung-bean eating, tree-hugging lefty I long ago stopped taking anything he says personally.

Or, if that doesn't work: don't make him a martyr! and it's better to have him in the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in!