Why become a member? ×

The Skarbee Celinder Update J

Kiwi

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='422578' date='Mar 1 2009, 07:35 PM']thanks again chaps.

It might even be worth putting this on Ebay I guess...

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250370149881"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=250370149881[/url][/quote]

Are you Auctioning this? Here? I thought that was against the rules.

This is a lot of bass for £1500. I wouldn't sell mine for less than £2000. If you custom ordered this bass it would be at least 12 months wait (AT LEAST!) and cost you around £2800 at the current exchange rate.

I've played this one and enjoyed it very much. It doesn't have the traditional Celinder gloss laquered neck, which I actually liked more. It's one of the most responsive basses that I've played. Fabulous for all percussive styles of playing.

[quote name='Toasted' post='422937' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:06 AM']This is a lot of bass for £1500. I wouldn't sell mine for less than £2000. If you custom ordered this bass it would be at least 12 months wait (AT LEAST!) and cost you around £2800 at the current exchange rate.

I've played this one and enjoyed it very much. It doesn't have the traditional Celinder gloss laquered neck, which I actually liked more. It's one of the most responsive basses that I've played. Fabulous for all percussive styles of playing.[/quote]
Thanks Toasted, its got a gloss neck but whether its the trad. gloss neck I don't know. In being a custom instrument its not a standard Celinder in many respects. Its a purpose built instrument.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='422934' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:02 AM']No I'm not.[/quote]

Sorry. Should have mentioned earlier that I'm very sorry to hear your news and I hope that it all works out for you.

However, I'm perplexed. When I've put basses up for sale here in the past I've quoted a selling price as a starting point. I had no idea that one could say "I've had an offer of £[i]n[/i] but I'm seeing if there's other interest" because that seems to me to be inviting offers with the highest bidder getting the nod so long as it achives the seller's notion of a "reserve" price.

By every definition I know, that qualifies as an auction and I thought that they were frowned upon here. Well, well. You live and learn. It's good info to know when next I need to part with a bass.

[quote name='Scoop' post='423040' date='Mar 2 2009, 11:46 AM']However, I'm perplexed. When I've put basses up for sale here in the past I've quoted a selling price as a starting point. I had no idea that one could say "I've had an offer of £[i]n[/i] but I'm seeing if there's other interest" because that seems to me to be inviting offers with the highest bidder getting the nod so long as it achives the seller's notion of a "reserve" price.[/quote]
I repeat, its not an auction. The prices are there to indicate some interest has already been shown however I'm not particularly inclined to sell a custom Celinder for 1500 quid [u]at this point in time[/u]. I'm really not in the mood to split hairs with you over this I'm afraid. Please talk to Machines if you need clarification on selling guidelines.

Its not an auction, its one of those buy it now/best offer jobbies isn't it?

Seriously, sorry to hear about the job loss and the consequential gear sales. I feel for you dude - especially after knowing how good this example is. Hope that the sale/auction whatever it is (does it really matter?!) goes well.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='426102' date='Mar 5 2009, 01:00 PM']Reserve not met?[/quote]

How many times? It's not an auction, CK is just selling it to the [s]highest bidder[/s] first person to offer more than anyone else. He's had a [s]bid[/s] offer of £1500 and is seeing who will [s]bid[/s] offer more.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='426161' date='Mar 5 2009, 01:59 PM']No problem.

The sooner it's sold, the sooner we can stop the hypocrisy.[/quote]
Are you calling me a hypocrite?

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='426175' date='Mar 5 2009, 02:10 PM']Yeah.[/quote]
I'm flattered by the attention. I hope you don't think I'm an authority figure who needs cutting down to size.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='426189' date='Mar 5 2009, 02:19 PM']I hope you don't think I'm an authority figure.[/quote]

I think we all do in our own little way CK. You're a real guiding light for a lot of us.

That's why it disapoints me when you break your own forum rules.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='426209' date='Mar 5 2009, 02:34 PM']You've not just let me down, you've let the forum down. Worst of all, you've let yourself down.[/quote]
I'm sorry if I've disappointed you beefy. :)