Why become a member? ×

Warwick's 2009 range

Russ

[url="http://www.warwick.de/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9174&start=0"]http://www.warwick.de/forum/phpBB2/viewtop...174&start=0[/url]

Enjoy...

The new Zender bass has a definite Carl Thompson vibe, not sure about the inlays though. Those new Rockbasses are sweet - they look so much better without that cheap-looking logo all over the headstock.

[quote name='Josh' post='375352' date='Jan 9 2009, 05:31 PM']The Stu Zender Sig is a massive dissapointment.[/quote]

I quite like it - it's certainly different, and I like the fact that he has a custom design instead of just a tweaked Streamer or Thumb. Not liking the inlays though.

Out of all of them, I'd definitely have that P-Nut sig bass. Looks stunning.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='375353' date='Jan 9 2009, 05:32 PM']TM Stevens Signature Streamer is horrendous.[/quote]

It's certainly very "him", and it's going to be a much nicer bass than that Cort thing he was endorsing before. Can't see them selling too many though, since it's basically just a SSI with a custom paint job.

I'm actually quite surprised that TM got the Warwick endorsement again - great player, but he hasn't got much of a profile any more. Gone are the days when he backed up James Brown, The Pretenders, Tina Turner, Billy Joel, Steve Vai, etc.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='375393' date='Jan 9 2009, 05:57 PM']Is Rockbass to Warwick what Squier is to Fender?[/quote]

Pretty much, yeah. Made somewhere in the Far East.

Did you notice that the Rockbasses, in addition to the nicer headstock, also have the proper Warwick 2-piece bridge now? Much better.

[quote name='Russ' post='375397' date='Jan 9 2009, 04:58 PM']Did you notice that the Rockbasses, in addition to the nicer headstock, also have the proper Warwick 2-piece bridge now? Much better.[/quote]

I did notice. Visually they're nowhere near as far away from 'real' Warwicks now.

+1 for the thinking that these new look Rockbasses look a lot more businesslike - like the expensive ones they are supposed to be imitating. An interesting move by Warwick to big up the Warwick name rather than Rockbass as a seperate brand. It reminds me of the early Squier days where they were principally branded Fender with "Squier series" in smaller script. MIK/MIC/MII Fender anyone?

[quote name='Russ' post='375386' date='Jan 9 2009, 04:52 PM']It's certainly very "him", and it's going to be a much nicer bass than that Cort thing he was endorsing before. Can't see them selling too many though, since it's basically just a SSI with a custom paint job.

I'm actually quite surprised that TM got the Warwick endorsement again - great player, but he hasn't got much of a profile any more. Gone are the days when he backed up James Brown, The Pretenders, Tina Turner, Billy Joel, Steve Vai, etc.[/quote]

MB1. ;)
Surprised about T.M?....Im Surprised its taken Warwick So Long to get a Stuart Zender Signature out(which looks awful!)....who does he play for these days????

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' post='375451' date='Jan 9 2009, 05:42 PM']MB1. ;)
Surprised about T.M?....Im Surprised its taken Warwick So Long to get a Stuart Zender Signature out(which looks awful!)....[b]who does he play for these days[/b]????[/quote]

He's been working with Mark Ronson and various other session stuff. I also agree that his sig bass is never going to appear on my 'wanted' list! :P

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='375457' date='Jan 9 2009, 05:50 PM']I also agree that his sig bass is never going to appear on my 'wanted' list! :)[/quote]

Heard it all before - you were probably on the phone to a Warwick dealer after you posted this to order one ;)

Probably already got your first draft of the for sale thread for it organised as well. :P

I have to admit that the P-nut one is my favourite. So glad that they got rid of that hellish Strat style jack socket on the Rockbasses as well and have decided to make them look like proper Warwicks.

GAS free for [s]5[/s] 0 days - dognammit

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='375457' date='Jan 9 2009, 05:50 PM']He's been working with Mark Ronson and various other session stuff. I also agree that his sig bass is never going to appear on my 'wanted' list! :P[/quote]

MB1. ;)
Seem to remember Mr Zender played a Red Streamer(stage one) in Custom Aboriginal birthing blanket colours?....didnt look anything like the Sig bass here!

[quote name='Delberthot' post='375485' date='Jan 9 2009, 06:15 PM']Heard it all before - you were probably on the phone to a Warwick dealer after you posted this to order one ;)

Probably already got your first draft of the for sale thread for it organised as well. :)[/quote]

Damn, so transparent aren't I... not this time! :P

[quote name='Delberthot' post='375485' date='Jan 9 2009, 06:15 PM']Heard it all before - you were probably on the phone to a Warwick dealer after you posted this to order one ;)

Probably already got your first draft of the for sale thread for it organised as well. :P[/quote]

oh... you got there first!