Why become a member? ×

Warwick's 2009 range

Russ

After looking at the range for about 15 minutes, I’ve got over my initial disappointment that the Zender bass isn’t a Streamer and I actually quite like it; kind of looks a bit like an Infinity. I’d go as far to say that I’d be very interested in having a closer look at one if there wasn’t a voice at the back of my head telling me that it’s likely to retail around the £1800 - £2k mark and therefore pricing me out ;)

Other than that - Regardless of limited editions, I’ll never buy a Corvette…

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='377289' date='Jan 11 2009, 11:32 PM'].....I’d be very interested in having a closer look at one if there wasn’t a voice at the back of my head telling me that it’s likely to retail around the £1800 - £2k mark and therefore pricing me out ;)[/quote]

Agreed. Not a fan of sig models, really. I'd be interested if they eventually added that shape to their normal range....

[quote name='Waldo' post='378158' date='Jan 12 2009, 07:47 PM']Have just seen some of the RRP's ;)[/quote]

About 4200 euros for the Zender? I make that about £3800 at today's rates. f*** that. I think it looks nice, but you can get some pretty special instruments for that sort of money. Who's gonna buy it for that sort of money? Crazy prices if you look at what you can get for less than half that at the moment.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='378847' date='Jan 13 2009, 12:03 PM']About 4200 euros for the Zender? I make that about £3800 at today's rates. f*** that. I think it looks nice, but you can get some pretty special instruments for that sort of money. Who's gonna buy it for that sort of money? Crazy prices if you look at what you can get for less than half that at the moment.[/quote]

You could probably knock up to a grand off that price (the RRP's are always much bigger than how much they actually sell for). Even so that's seriously expensive! Could probably go to a number of custom luthiers and get something totally bespoke for that price.

Don't mean to offend, but Warwick are long past their best IME. They made their name in the late eighties (when everyone was playing them), especially with the original Thumb - which really was exceptional.

The Rockbass thing really devalued them as a brand. Now they just sound and feel clunky and dead. I've tried about ten over the past two years (including two of their Custom Shop ones) and they've all been extremely disappointing. I'd rather have a Sadowsky, In fact I'd rather have a Jap Jazz. More responsosive, better neck and about a third of the price.

I'm missing something here. The OP link takes me to an archived page. The transfer link takes me to the new forum, and a link to Warwick.de, which refers to Namm 2009, but appears to show old-stock pictures. I have yet to find a Rockbass with a two-part bridge.

What links are you guys following?

David

[quote name='Mottlefeeder' post='379835' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:30 PM']I'm missing something here. The OP link takes me to an archived page. The transfer link takes me to the new forum, and a link to Warwick.de, which refers to Namm 2009, but appears to show old-stock pictures. I have yet to find a Rockbass with a two-part bridge.

What links are you guys following?

David[/quote]

[url="http://forum.warwick.de/showthread.php?t=7676"]http://forum.warwick.de/showthread.php?t=7676[/url]

They've slightly changed their addressing with regards to their forum since the original link was posted it seems.

[quote name='Buzz' post='379855' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:43 PM'][url="http://forum.warwick.de/showthread.php?t=7676"]http://forum.warwick.de/showthread.php?t=7676[/url]

They've slightly changed their addressing with regards to their forum since the original link was posted it seems.[/quote]

It just happened today... it threw me I can assure you.

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='379655' date='Jan 13 2009, 08:50 PM']Don't mean to offend, but Warwick are long past their best IME. They made their name in the late eighties (when everyone was playing them), especially with the original Thumb - which really was exceptional.

The Rockbass thing really devalued them as a brand. Now they just sound and feel clunky and dead. I've tried about ten over the past two years (including two of their Custom Shop ones) and they've all been extremely disappointing. I'd rather have a Sadowsky, In fact I'd rather have a Jap Jazz. More responsosive, better neck and about a third of the price.[/quote]

Not like Fender you mean.... ;)

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='377289' date='Jan 11 2009, 11:32 PM']After looking at the range for about 15 minutes, I’ve got over my initial disappointment that the Zender bass [b]isn’t a Streamer[/b] and I actually quite like it; kind of looks a bit like an Infinity. I’d go as far to say that I’d be very interested in having a closer look at one if there wasn’t a voice at the back of my head telling me that it’s likely to retail around the £1800 - £2k mark and therefore pricing me out ;)

Other than that - Regardless of limited editions, I’ll never buy a Corvette…[/quote]
Actually, after I looked at it for a while, I realised that it is a streamer shape, but with parts of the horns cut away. If it wasn't for that it would just be a streamer shape.
Zach

[quote name='Jarhead' post='383471' date='Jan 17 2009, 06:51 PM']Actually, after I looked at it for a while, I realised that it is a streamer shape, but with parts of the horns cut away. If it wasn't for that it would just be a streamer shape.
Zach[/quote]

Really? So it's got the arse of Streamer? I guess that could be said for Corvettes, Thumbs, Infinitys...

I think it's a nice bass though but I wouldn't pay anything near what they're asking for for it.