Why become a member? ×

GAS Hits of 09?

EBS_freak

I really want a lighter weight cab for any touring that'll hopefully happen this year. Possibly one of the EBS 2x12's, but im searching around at the moment.

Ampwise im going to have to be careful as I splashed out in December and cant justify anything new for a while.

So yeah, not much on my list yet, but im sure that'll change soon enough!

Can't think of a bass I want-except a Shuker JJ Burnel, which isn't happening. I'm beginning to think that I'm not going to be happy until I've got a head and cab instead of my combo. Current front runner is an Ashdown ABM 500 with some sort of 4X10, but that could change tomorrow. Haven't got a pot to piss in, so where it's coming from I have no idea. Who knows?

Okay, further from my previous post on this thread, the Streamline got me. I kind of liked it from when it came out, sorta liked it when I tried one at the factory but not enough to order one. When this one came up used and mint for considerably less than list, GAS got the better of me.

And yes, it's a GAS hit. Absolutely amazing!

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='377303' date='Jan 12 2009, 12:04 AM']Too much GAS, not enough money/hours in the day.

Still GASing for a Sterling. Now Gasing for a Hiscox case (how f***ing sad), parts for a DIY pedalboard, and lots of other random stuff.

Same story, different year...[/quote]

Hiscox good choice...!

• 6 months later...

Acquired my delightful new White Blonde American Vintage Precision on Friday. Played it at rehearsal yesterday and it's exactly what I was after, so for the foreseeable future it looks like I'm going to be GAS free (for Basses anyway!) Well, maybe i'll need another one at some point!

Sold the Hudson PBS6 and the Stingray to fund the majority of it, so I'm back to two basses.

So far this year, I've bought 2 basses, sold 2 basses, sold some effects, kept the same amp/cab set-up, and acquired a free Hammond Organ with built in Leslie.

Pretty much GAS free at the moment. Bought bass amps and sold bass amps and now settled and very happy with my GB Shuttle 6 with GB NEO 212 cab. As for basses, more than happy with my Lakland Darryl Jones as my main bass and don't really wany any others. However, I would like to sell my Squire Vintage Fretless and buy a Fender CIJ or US Fretless at some point but no rush to do that.

What I am after is a white pearl scratchplate for my Lakland Darryl Jones and an Artec Vintage Chorus pedal.

Simmering GAS from last year for a Hartke LH500, boiled over when my Trace head went bang. Got one now and loving it. Simple, loud and great smooth sound.

Edit: surprisingly GAS free on the bass front, since selling on the Stingray, Precision etc and keeping the ones I actually gig. :)

Edited by stingrayfan

Well, started off with a bit of de-GASsing. The Steinberger CRM stick went, not because it's not a good instrument but nobody wants me to gig with it - so it went to a good home. Bought a Sansamp Paradriver and promptly resold it and also sold a nice SWR 12" monitor.

Have just bought a gorgeous Thomas Martin double bass from the man himself. He's just done one for John Patitucci. It's just amazing and I'm so chuffed; I'll post a photo and some more description in the Double Bass section. So future GAS for the rest of the year is a no-no and I've told Mrs Bassace that if I get any more ideas she can shoot me. Surprisingly, she seems quite enthusiastic about this.