Why become a member? ×

Reverb bargins !!

Platypus

Those people who made payments, did you make them with a credit card or via a debit card?

I'll reiterate that I think with the present economic climate we are all very jumpy and assuming the worst; I'm fairly confident that this is just a typical music store f*ck up!

However it does just show that online purchasing may be nice and easy but can be a pain in the backside and a major worry. Stores like REVERB aren't doing themselves any favours with their trading/selling ploys, as a community/forum we may only be a small part of their turnover (possibly minuscule) but if this kind of thing puts us off going back then they are taking the hit in their pocket and potentially losing sales to elsewhere. :)

Must admit I regret posting the link now...

If they had listed the Ray5 in the 'Cearance' section - where they just list a store location and a phone number, instead of the main web based sales section, this situation would have been avoided. At worst would there would have been a few wasted phone calls.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='362585' date='Dec 24 2008, 09:55 AM']Why are people thinking that they won't get their money back? Just seems to be a lot of scaremongering going on here.[/quote]
+1
I bought approx £300 worth of gear this week from Reverb which was delivered on time with no problems.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='362585' date='Dec 24 2008, 09:55 AM']Why are people thinking that they won't get their money back? Just seems to be a lot of scaremongering going on here.[/quote]

Perhaps, but last year a couple of retail businesses went under just before Xmas and a lot of customers lost money not simply because of the closures, but apparently due to the fact that, with banks not only closed for four days but often significantly understaffed for up to two weeks, by the time the customers were able to talk to their banks, the companies and the money were long gone. There was a hint in the media at the time that going under at Xmas was strategic, i.e., the owners of the business took advantage of the above situation to get money in. I hope this isn't the case as I don't want to see anyone on here lose money. However, at the very least it seems that all is not what it appears to be with the advertised deals, so some degree of scepticism is perhaps justified?
Chris

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='362519' date='Dec 24 2008, 08:49 AM']Those people who made payments, did you make them with a credit card or via a debit card?[/quote]
I paid with a debit card... As i said before, they've phoned me telling me i'd be gettinf a refund, maybe if i hadn't heard anything from them at all i'd have been a bit more worried, but for now i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt until at least a few days after christmas.

If Reverb only had the one stingray V for sale, the e-mail ad should have said so. They shouldn't have accepted your money. This is extremely unprofessional behaviour and, were it me, I'd grass the b*stards to my local trading standards who would have plenty of grounds to fine their arses for misrepresentation.

The excuse that they can't sort the problwm until after christmas is absolute crap too. Their website states that their stores are open until 8pm throughout December and I assume that if you buy something, they'll debit your account same day or following morning, so they can refund your money just as quick.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='362469' date='Dec 24 2008, 12:51 AM']I was told i'd get a full refund... And if that's not what i get, i'll kick off... But for now i'm giving them the BOTD.[/quote]
TBH, If Reverb have advertised EBMM SR5's @ £499.00 and stock listed at 'available' (which it was, when I checked before they withdrew the page) then they are legally obliged to complete the transaction at the time you placed the order. Just the same as displaying goods in a shop marked up wrong.... you get them for the price marked! Stick to your guns and see how far it gets you.... :)

Edited by tombboy

[quote name='tombboy' post='363035' date='Dec 24 2008, 07:09 PM']Just the same as displaying goods in a shop marked up wrong.... you get them for the price marked![/quote]

Never been my understanding of this situation - always heard that a price in a shop window was not binding on the shop owner.

No idea how it works on web sales - in this case the transaction has been completed other than the retailer dispatching the goods

[quote name='tombboy' post='363035' date='Dec 24 2008, 07:09 PM']TBH, If Reverb have advertised EBMM SR5's @ £499.00 and stock listed at 'available' (which it was, when I checked before they withdrew the page) then they are legally obliged to complete the transaction at the time you placed the order. Just the same as displaying goods in a shop marked up wrong.... you get them for the price marked! Stick to your guns and see how far it gets you.... :)[/quote]
Good idea, might get on the blower boxing day and have a word with some of their sales staff.

[quote name='tombboy' post='363035' date='Dec 24 2008, 07:09 PM']TBH, If Reverb have advertised EBMM SR5's @ £499.00 and stock listed at 'available' (which it was, when I checked before they withdrew the page) then they are legally obliged to complete the transaction at the time you placed the order. Just the same as displaying goods in a shop marked up wrong.... you get them for the price marked! Stick to your guns and see how far it gets you.... :)[/quote]

Worth a punt but unfortunately that is a 'bit' of an urban myth as they don't have to sell if it is a genuine mistake/error/omission. Proving that they were purposefully misleading a buyer might prove hard to stick but what the heck you might as well stamp your feet and demand recompense... it sometimes pays off. :huh:

If an item is genuinely mis-priced then they have to sell at that price or have the option of removing from sale. It wasn't an error as they were indeed selling a stingray v at £499. The issue here is that they claim to have had only the one bass in stock and for sale at that price. What's more, they took your money even though they had no chance of fulfilling all of the orders for that item. Doesn't sound quite so innocent now does it?

[quote name='bassbloke' post='363124' date='Dec 24 2008, 10:30 PM']If an item is genuinely mis-priced then they have to sell at that price or have the option of removing from sale. It wasn't an error as they were indeed selling a stingray v at £499. The issue here is that they claim to have had only the one bass in stock and for sale at that price. What's more, they took your money even though they had no chance of fulfilling all of the orders for that item. Doesn't sound quite so innocent now does it?[/quote]

Hey I'm not defending them nor do I think they are innocent! F*ck it, if you can get anything out of them GREAT. :huh:

All I'm saying is that the interpretation of that old adage of 'it is priced at that so you have to sell it at that', is basically a glorious interpretation of the law. Of course they are wrong and if they took someone's money they 'should' have to fulfill their obligation but you'll find that even if you are prepared to force the issue and spend a lot of time and potentially money on pursuing it, REVERB may well walk away laughing... is it worth the hassle.

Saying that if it was my money, I'd be kicking off bigstyle. :)

[quote name='Shockwave' post='366706' date='Dec 30 2008, 11:10 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-STRING-STINGRAY-BASS_W0QQitemZ120356716973QQihZ002QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-STRING-STINGRAY-BA...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

ARRGH :)[/quote]

:huh:

now that's a f***ing surprise :huh:

[quote name='Linus27' post='366785' date='Dec 31 2008, 01:00 AM']They have a red 4 string musicman stingray for 699. Do you think this is new, genuine and in stock? It says available on the website.[/quote]

If you are interested in that one i would suggest you phone and check availability (not buy off the website). Use the phone number on the website not a branch number