Why become a member? ×

Reverb bargins !!

Platypus

Just received an email form Reverb about their sale and their appear to be a few real bargins:

Stingray 5 in white £499
[url="http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/product-list.asp?cat3=95"]http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/product-list.asp?cat3=95[/url]

and in the clearence section...
Lakland DJ 5 £699
Lakland DJ4 £699
LAKLAND OSBORNE 4 RW 3TSB £699

Don't know anything about Warwick, though I think this is cheap:)
WARWIC VAMPYRE SN 4 BK H-POLIS £499
WARWICK STREAM DBL BUCK 4 NAT £499

[url="http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/clearance.asp"]http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/clearance.asp[/url]

Anyone would think it was Christmas...

Edited by Platypus

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='361379' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:42 PM']Can’t believe those prices, madness! Any reason for the cheapness?[/quote]

Given what the finance guys are predicting in relation to businesses going under, nothing would persuade me to part with a large amount of money to an online dealer at the moment, and the extreme cheapness of the items above would only make me even more cautious :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='361382' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:45 PM']Given what the finance guys are predicting in relation to businesses going under, nothing would persuade me to part with a large amount of money to an online dealer at the moment, and the extreme cheapness of the items above would only make me even more cautious :)[/quote]

You telling us you'd sooner deal with a Basschatter :huh:

I'm pretty sure most of the stuff on that large clearance list will already be gone. I remember someone asking about that vampyre on here a few weeks ago and there's a few guitars on there that i rang up about a month or two ago that have been sold but are STILL there. Unless anybody knows otherwise, i'd appreciate if you could say so :)

Does anyone know if they'll ship to your house from their stores? I.E. if I wanted something from the Glasgow store, would they ship it to my house?

EDIT: I'm not after that Streamer $$ BTW :) I'm after something much much cheaper :brow:

Edited by benwhiteuk

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='361387' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:49 PM']Does anyone know if they'll ship to your house from their stores? I.E. if I wanted something from the Glasgow store, would they ship it to my house?[/quote]
Not sure about that but they'll at least ship it to your nearest store FOC if they're anything like sound control.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='361390' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:51 PM']Not sure about that but they'll at least ship it to your nearest store FOC if they're anything like sound control.[/quote]

hmmm...at least a couple of hours drive then, not much use. I'll give them a call in the morning and see what's what.

Most of that stuff is long gone! I rang up about stuff on that *sale* pdf mid-November and the Lakkies, Warwicks etc were gone. :)

There might be the odd one or two items but tbh I rang all of the stores direct and just asked what they had in stock that was in the sale and they had nothing bass wise worth worrying over. They did offer to give a bit of discount on their 'new' stock but it turned out to be about the price you could buy it from anywhere else.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='361387' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:49 PM']Does anyone know if they'll ship to your house from their stores? I.E. if I wanted something from the Glasgow store, would they ship it to my house?

EDIT: I'm not after that Streamer $$ BTW :) I'm after something much much cheaper :brow:[/quote]

Ben, On the front page of the ad, it says free shipping on anything over £100

In there last big Reverb sale in Aug/Sept, I bought a US Spector 5 and they charged £10 for next day delivery

[quote name='Platypus' post='361404' date='Dec 22 2008, 09:03 PM']Ben, On the front page of the ad, it says free shipping on anything over £100

In there last big Reverb sale in Aug/Sept, I bought a US Spector 5 and they charged £10 for next day delivery[/quote]

Great stuff, cheers for the info :) By the sounds of things I might be about 2 months late, but I'll give them a call anyway.

Well i ordered mine at 8:30 about 2 hours after the email was sent out, will i be one of the lucky ones ? :huh:

Now if the buggers are going to go to administration i will be very angry :)

If i do get it and dont like it at least a profit will be made !

Edited by Shockwave