Why become a member? ×

Reverb bargins !!

Platypus

[quote name='budget bassist' post='361474' date='Dec 22 2008, 10:01 PM']Which one was that? I'm rather partial to white...[/quote]

LM edition copperhead colour. Gorgeous!

Anyway i used my Visa Debit card for the SR5, I can use Visa Chargeback if the company go into administration (With any luck)

[quote name='Shockwave' post='361864' date='Dec 23 2008, 12:15 PM']Well i just rang them, There was only one White musicman at that price. He cant tell me who got it as the orders havent been sorted and it wont be sorted til after christmas. Considering how long it took me and budget to get an order through i doubt either of us have got it.[/quote]
Damn...

EDIT: the money has come out of my bank.... it better go back in...

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='Ba55me15ter' post='361889' date='Dec 23 2008, 12:36 PM']Don't bother getting excited about the DJ5 - it's long gone. Rang yesterday (and 6 weeks ago when the list first appeared). [b]The DJ4 was still there though[/b].[/quote]

Odd :) I rang a month ago and they said the DJ4's were long gone but offered me a 'discounted' *new* bass, cheaper than RRP but nowhere near these sale prices!

[quote name='Ba55me15ter' post='361980' date='Dec 23 2008, 01:53 PM']I rang the Brum shop yesterday and he deffo said he had a [b]placid blue DJ4.
[/b]
It also sounded like he had a sunburst 55-02 (he reckoned it was a DJ5 but a- it didn't have pickguard and b- the DJ5 doesn't come in sunburst) which was listed at 1199 but he could do me a 'silly price' if I was interested.[/quote]

I've never been a fan of LPB and colour does matter to me... why am I such a tart! :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='362409' date='Dec 23 2008, 10:42 PM']Mmmmm......[/quote]Errrr, am I the only one and Beedster who is thinking that you all my have been royaly scr.....

A MM 5 string for 499, DERRRR!!! I've heard of loss-leaders and sweeteners to get you to look at other items but it is scary how some old heads on here have shown interest in these items considering where the economy is at the moment.
I lost money on a cooker ordered from MFI in the Summer that was supposed to arrive last month, the bastards still took the money before we had it, I really hope the same doesn't happen to anyone on here, or anyone else for that matter.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='362430' date='Dec 23 2008, 11:24 PM'][b]Errrr, am I the only one and Beedster who is thinking that you all my have been royaly scr.....[/b]

A MM 5 string for 499, DERRRR!!! I've heard of loss-leaders and sweeteners to get you to look at other items but it is scary how some old heads on here have shown interest in these items considering where the economy is at the moment.
I lost money on a cooker ordered from MFI in the Summer that was supposed to arrive last month, the bastards still took the money before we had it, I really hope the same doesn't happen to anyone on here, or anyone else for that matter.[/quote]

I really hope that isn't the case (they don't have my money but I'm thinking of others). If it is then 'Karma' is working in reverse (though technically not, as Karma is about balance) and has turned around and bitten BassChat in the ars* after we helped out with the Jake Day fiasco. :)

Alternatively I think this is just a case of REVERB leaving all of these (long gone) offers on their site to get people in to look and even if a few people think 'what the heck' and buy something else when the bargain turns out not to be in stock! I do know people who have bought off that stock list so they were genuinely there to begin with. It'll be interesting to get feedback from those that did place orders.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='361864' date='Dec 23 2008, 12:15 PM']Well i just rang them, There was only one White musicman at that price. He cant tell me who got it as the orders havent been sorted and it wont be sorted til after christmas. Considering how long it took me and budget to get an order through i doubt either of us have got it.[/quote]Hi Rob I really hope this gets sorted out for you and you don't lose ant money. :)

Edited by steve-soar

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='362434' date='Dec 23 2008, 11:34 PM']I really hope that isn't the case (they don't have my money but I'm thinking of others). If it is then 'Karma' is working in reverse (though technically not, as Karma is about balance) and has turned around and bitten BassChat in the ars* after we helped out with the Jake Day fiasco. :)

Alternatively I think this is just a case of REVERB leaving all of these (long gone) offers on their site to get people in to look and even if a few people think 'what the heck' and buy something else when the bargain turns out not to be in stock! I do know people who have bought off that stock list so they were genuinely there to begin with. It'll be interesting to get feedback from those that did place orders.[/quote]Hi John I really hope you are right.
I was thinking exactly the same thing about Karma and Rob and how totally sh*t it would be if ,well....
What we need to do on here (Basschat) is have positive vibes to all involed who could be burned but we also have to understand that you can't have something for nothing.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='362444' date='Dec 23 2008, 11:43 PM']Hi John I really hope you are right.
I was thinking exactly the same thing about Karma and Rob and how totally sh*t it would be if ,well....
What we need to do on here (Basschat) is have positive vibes to all involed who could be burned but we also have to understand that you can't have something for nothing.[/quote]

Well i dont believe in Karma, but i do believe bad luck comes in threes.

First this Musicman problem.

Then the problem stated here. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=35326"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=35326[/url]

And this one. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34602"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34602[/url]

Plus i work in food retail.... at christmas.

STRESS.