Why become a member? ×

Help what should I do?

steve-soar

Well, if it's something you have your heart (and lots of cash )on ..do it!
I had a fair bit of dosh after selling rare Metallica stuff,and rather than pay bills
(which was the intention) I bought the rarest & strangest bass I could afford.
I took a risk by going on the bay and the colour and condition is very similar to this one.

I got mine from a shop in Germany,and people bid after I won it as my reserve just about secured it!
By doin' this I took a risk by not picking it up, testing it etc. as I purchased online.
The bass is smooth as butter& is now 31 years old.
I have no regrets. :)

[quote name='martthebass' post='358298' date='Dec 18 2008, 09:15 PM']Is it me or does that have a seriously bad neck pocket?[/quote]

Proof it's genuine '70s Fender :)

Buy it dude. That's going to go up a lot before the auction closes, pity you missed BIN (if there was one). At least being a lefty there's a limited market so perhaps not too many bidders? Good luck
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='358316' date='Dec 18 2008, 09:26 PM']Proof it's genuine '70s Fender :)[/quote]:huh: :huh: :huh:

[quote name='Beedster' post='358316' date='Dec 18 2008, 09:26 PM']....At least being a lefty there's a limited market so perhaps not too many bidders? Good luck
Chris[/quote]That, or it means that the "not so many bidders" are all checking the same limited amount of basses - forcing the competition a bit. :huh:

The bass has already reached more than £3000, in which case you may want to consider going over there with a £50 Encore in an old hardcase and then bringing the Fender back in the same case.

The saving on Duty would far more than pay your fare.

Judging by the photos, your biggest problem would be persuading people that it wasn't new!

:)

Edited by Happy Jack

If it's the bass of your dreams....well........it depends how much you're able and willing to spend to make them come true.

Some people dream about owning an Aston Martin or a beach front in Hawaii and it's small potatos compared with them.

Having said that - it's already expensive for what it is and you don't get the op to check it out. Maybe if you wait a little longer and search a little harder you could have the same thing for a sight less from much closer.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='358236' date='Dec 18 2008, 08:20 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-Vintage-Fender-Jazz-Bass-Left-Handed-Olympic-White_W0QQitemZ110327758992QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item110327758992&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-Vintage-Fender-Ja...%3A1|240%3A1318[/url]

Oh me oh my.[/quote]

It arrives and it's a dog. What you gonna do? Ask for your money back?

If you are seriously considering parting with $3,500 on a bass you've never seen, from someone you don't know, in a country where you have no legal recourse if you're ripped off - you're a f** idiot. Still, it's your money.

[quote name='stevie' post='359159' date='Dec 19 2008, 08:57 PM']It arrives and it's a dog. What you gonna do? Ask for your money back?

If you are seriously considering parting with $3,500 on a bass you've never seen, from someone you don't know, in a country where you have no legal recourse if you're ripped off - you're a f** idiot. Still, it's your money.[/quote]
Harsh, but fair :)