Why become a member? ×

New Gallien Krueger Legacy heads

cetera

22 hours ago, cetera said:

Has anyone heard when these will be available in the UK?
https://www.gallien-krueger.com/legacy-heads

I LOVE my old 400RB & 800RB heads and I'm very interested to see/try/hear the new 800 Legacy head!

Am liking the look of the new models. I love GK stuff, having started with a couple of 800RB heads (still got a very tidy one!) and then on to the 700RB ->1001RB (which is still my main amp) and also an MB800 with an MB200 as a backup. If the Legacy 800 captures any of the tone of my 800RB then I'll be very interested. $899 in the US, now shipping June 21st according to Guitar Center website.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, casapete said:

Am liking the look of the new models. I love GK stuff, having started with a couple of 800RB heads (still got a very tidy one!) and then on to the 700RB ->1001RB (which is still my main amp) and also an MB800 with an MB200 as a backup. If the Legacy 800 captures any of the tone of my 800RB then I'll be very interested. $899 in the US, now shipping June 21st according to Guitar Center website.

Yep, the 800RB is still possibly the finest amp ever made. I have 4 of them because they are rare as hens teeth over here.... lol! If they can make a lightweight soundalike then they can take my money...

Sounds like late summer by the time we see them here then....

These look really great!  

I really liked my MB500 head and GK gabs, I moved it on to give Mark Bass a go as I fancied a change and I could never get that GK grind from the MB that the old RB's were famed for.

If the new legacy's reproduce it then I'd have no hesitation in grabbing one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mxm said:

G4M always do this, list items with an expected date that is completely unrealistic just to drive pre-order revenue. 

I first encountered this issue when I pre-ordered a GK Plex through them - was about 3-4 months after their estimated date that they were actually released in the UK but I've seen them do it with a number of products (including the new Tech21 Geddy pedal).

Edited by PJ-Bassist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Anyone worked out what the three additional 'bump', 'contour' and presence filters do and what the EQ centre points on the 4 band EQ are? 

IIRC from my old Plex pre-amp and MB head

Contour is a mid-scoop filter
Bump gives a bump to the low end frequencies
Presence boosts the mids

Edited by PJ-Bassist
  • Like 1

The manual for the Plex pre-amp gives details of the frequencies affected by the filters.  I don't know if they will be the exactly the same for the Legacy amps as they seem to be either on or off but will share them for reference.

Screenshot_20190516_191031_com.google.android_apps_docs.thumb.jpg.3bd25010643e5dbb6131f7fa03439ede.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit confused by what it's stating as power output on the rear of the amp that Andertons are showing as the £989 1200W model?

Full power 1040W

800W at 4ohms / 2 ohms

400W at 8ohms

I guess I was expecting 1200W at 4ohms and 600W at 8ohms...

Gallien Krueger Legacy 1200 Bass Amplifier

Edited by Al Krow

12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I'm a bit confused by what it's stating as power output on the rear of the amp that Andertons are showing as the £989 1200W model?

Full power 1040W

800W at 4ohms / 2 ohms

400W at 8ohms

They've posted the wrong rear photo. That must be the Legacy800 model....

59 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Full power 1040W

800W at 4ohms / 2 ohms

400W at 8ohms

Looks like the 1040w is to do with the power consumption, not speaker output. 😊