Why become a member? ×

On dodgy deals, bad people and BC Feedback

Beedster

I think that Bass Chat is sufficiently prevelant through the UK to be able to find a local buyer/seller on most occasions. There is a huge amount of trust involved in sending goods and payment. Although you all seem like great people from your posts I'm still not entertaining the risk of doing business any other way than face-to-face.

[quote name='Hamster' post='349680' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:30 PM']That's funny, when I click on your feedback link, I just get pictures of naked rugby players? - What have you been up to in your spare time! :)

[url="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_W0poprgG0kY/SCmg2KiIqTI/AAAAAAAAADs/HYgvK-wpy20/s320/rugby_players_naked.jpg"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4154&hl=horse[/url][/quote]

But have you seen their positive Feedback Colin?

It's a good job this isn't Wayne's Control+ V thread otherwise I could be in serious trouble

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Rusty Shackleford' post='349765' date='Dec 9 2008, 03:03 PM']i think i shoul just be left and if anything comes from a bad sale/purchase then the person should be named and shamed like a kiddie fiddler on this board. Phase 2 should be a 'cock' fight between the 2 people. If the accused loses then they are stoned to death like the olden days.

anyone?[/quote]
Game on.

[quote name='ped' post='349707' date='Dec 9 2008, 01:46 PM']Adding the thread to your sig is a great idea, thanks. We clearly need a better system though and I will sort it out. I[b] don't want to have a system where people can take up bad feedback with mods though as we are not responsible for any deals done on BC[/b], just read the guidelines and be very careful!

Cheers
ped[/quote]

I think after all the nonsense going on at the moment, you should make this abundantly clear in the for sale section. What goes on there shouldn't be any of your business and you shouldn't be expected to act as some sort of ombudsman if things go wrong :)

[quote name='Waldo' post='349788' date='Dec 9 2008, 03:17 PM']I think after all the nonsense going on at the moment, you should make this abundantly clear in the for sale section. What goes on there shouldn't be any of your business and you shouldn't be expected to act as some sort of ombudsman if things go wrong :)[/quote]
Noted - I will add a line to the guidelines bit.

Cheers
ped

ahh...i've had my feedback thread linked in my sig and my profile for some time now...for once, I'm actually ahead of the curve! :huh:

speaking of which, I'm pretty sure that everyone I've dealt with has left me feedback/had feedback left for them, but if you've dealt with me and one or the other hasn't happened, please leave it now/tell me and I'll leave yours/etc. :)

[quote name='birdy' post='349464' date='Dec 9 2008, 10:43 AM']Agree with this Chris. My eyes have been opened in the last month or so on here and I will now be a lot more wary who I sell to or buy from. I think I 'know' who the definate good guys (pretty much all the regulars) are on the forum and would sell/buy from them without a second thought but from now on if I don't know you I will be very careful.

One thing with regards to feedback is that its hard to find - or is it just me? Say I leave a thread titled Birdys feedback unless I include Birdy within the thread then no one can find it by using the search function? This is why you maybe get 4 or 5 threads for the same person.

One solution might be to alphabetise (is that a word?) the forum in a similar manner to the review section possibly?

Steve[/quote]

I like the way that the feedback is on Talkbass, it shows next to your name, have a look at me over there and you'll see my positive 3.

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='350304' date='Dec 9 2008, 11:39 PM']I like the way that the feedback is on Talkbass, it shows next to your name, have a look at me over there and you'll see my positive 3.[/quote]
+1

I agree with most of the comments here and Chris's OP about improving the visibility of each of our individual feedback threads but I'm not sure it's going to be as helpful as it needs to be. Perhaps as 6stringbassist has highlighted, the Mods could look at how we adopt something more like the Talkbass system?

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='350308' date='Dec 9 2008, 11:42 PM']Beedster, I'm not sure why, but it always seems to be happening to you. (which makes me sad)[/quote]

The percentage is the same for everyone but the volume's probably bigger for me :)