Why become a member? ×

On dodgy deals, bad people and BC Feedback

Beedster

heya fellas

i see a lot of you folks are leaving negative feedbacks on talkbass to certain folks based on transactions not taking place there. could one of you guys pm me (at talkbass preferably) some of the details of this?

although i do want to inform folks about potential shysters out there that may be trying to rip people off, i'm not convinced that the talkbass feedback system should be used in this manner. i'm discussing it with my fellow admins over there, and we'll take into account any information that you care to share with me.

thanks

john turner
forum administrator - talkbass.com

[quote name='BassMunkee' post='351038' date='Dec 10 2008, 05:31 PM']Can I therefore now please have a sticky poll as whether or not I should have a poll about the fact that I had a big old strop last week; kind of a retrospective poll, if you will.[/quote]

Sorry, but that wasn't a strop.

No offence intended, but compared to some of the stuff that's been flying around here, it was like a sheep clearing its throat on a distant hillside.

[quote name='john turner' post='351200' date='Dec 10 2008, 08:44 PM']heya fellas

i see a lot of you folks are leaving negative feedbacks on talkbass to certain folks based on transactions not taking place there. could one of you guys pm me (at talkbass preferably) some of the details of this?

although i do want to inform folks about potential shysters out there that may be trying to rip people off, i'm not convinced that the talkbass feedback system should be used in this manner. i'm discussing it with my fellow admins over there, and we'll take into account any information that you care to share with me.

thanks

john turner
forum administrator - talkbass.com[/quote]

Hi John,

the story starts here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33516&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33516&hl=[/url]

I know Beedster personally as well as on the forum, and I have no reason to doubt him.

Cheers,

Chris

[quote name='john turner' post='351200' date='Dec 10 2008, 08:44 PM']heya fellas

thanks

john turner

The feedback relating to Jake the Bass is as a result of a sale he made to a guy in the Phillipines called Reuel (IncX username) and its all over the warwick forums as he didn't send the bass until this forum found out who he was. He still has made no attempt to repay any of the shipping costs and I doubt that he will now. I don't want any of you guys over there to fall foul of the same scam.

Some details here - the original plea for help thread appears to have been deleted.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32663"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32663[/url]

Steve

thanks

john turner
PM'd on talkbass re Allen_Baker

Cheers, John.

EDIT: Don't get me started on Jake the Bass. [[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showuser=1035"]JakeBass[/url] over here}

Edited by johnnylager

heya guys

upon discussion with my fellow admins at talkbass and the site owner paul, we have decided that we wish to keep talkbass feedback tied solely to transactions taking place at talkbass.com. while we feel for those of you who have experienced bad transactions, and we welcome the information about unsavory characters ripping folks off, we have decided that it is just too difficult to verify the legitimacy of complaints related to transactions not taking place on our boards.

please understand that this is in no way an endorsement of the shennanigans that some of you folks have been subjected to, but just a limitation in our ability to guarantee legitimacy.

from this point forward, the feedback system will require a link to the transaction on talkbass.com. again, this is not a statement toward the legitimacy of the complaints described in this thread, but just a response to our own limitations in guaranteeing the legitimacy of the feedback system on our forums.

thanks folks

john turner
forum administrator - talkbass.com

[quote name='john turner' post='353709' date='Dec 13 2008, 04:41 PM']heya guys

upon discussion with my fellow admins at talkbass and the site owner paul, we have decided that we wish to keep talkbass feedback tied solely to transactions taking place at talkbass.com. while we feel for those of you who have experienced bad transactions, and we welcome the information about unsavory characters ripping folks off, we have decided that it is just too difficult to verify the legitimacy of complaints related to transactions not taking place on our boards.

please understand that this is in no way an endorsement of the shennanigans that some of you folks have been subjected to, but just a limitation in our ability to guarantee legitimacy.

from this point forward, the feedback system will require a link to the transaction on talkbass.com. again, this is not a statement toward the legitimacy of the complaints described in this thread, but just a response to our own limitations in guaranteeing the legitimacy of the feedback system on our forums.

thanks folks

john turner

Fairy muff...your trainset etc...seems a bit remiss though, guess your members will just have to find out the hardway.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='353740' date='Dec 13 2008, 05:32 PM']+1 I'm not really too fussed what a bunch of Americans want to do with there money anyway.[/quote]

Neither am I, unless it's GM putting Vauxhall workers on 30% pay for 9 mths.

Suspected TB might take this view - they seem a bit more [i]normal[/i] than us weird, shouty Brits on BC, plus there's all sorts of potential legal ramifications in the Home Of The Brave And The Land Of The Lawyers.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='thebeat' post='353728' date='Dec 13 2008, 12:19 PM']Fairy muff...your trainset etc...seems a bit remiss though, guess your members will just have to find out the hardway.[/quote]

yeah, i was torn tbh, especially with the information you guys shared about the two nubs in particular who were the subjects of your collective ire. thankfully, neither are supporting members, so i don't see them selling anything on tb anytime soon.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='353740' date='Dec 13 2008, 05:32 PM']+1 I'm not really too fussed what a bunch of Americans want to do with there money anyway.[/quote]

yeah, why would ya. I mean its not like they're real people. Even though they play bass, they live too far away, and they dont not speak English like wot we do innit ?

sheeeesh

:)

Edited by fleabag